Total Cost Will Be.....

Congratulations, Katrina.

Direct Consular Filing is the most expedient way for you.

You can get download I-864 so your father can fill out as co-sponsor and get it notarized at your father's bank - usually free of charge.

Check out this http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Chinaconnection/ for friendly conversations on cultural experiences and travels around China, but no visa talk.

By the way, where in China are teaching now? I assume in Beijing or Shanghai?

Actually I'm teaching in Shenyang.  It's a little North of North Korea.  Last time I read anything about it, it was the fifth largest city in China.

What school do you teach at in Shenyang? I've made 3 trips there and strongly recommend that you try the yuan wei zhai restaurant at san hao jie, zhong jie in heping qu not far from the holiday inn. They have some of the best food including Shenyang Duck.

I work for Shenyang Agricultural University. It' s way out in the East. About 40 mins (on a bus) from Zhong Jie. Amber, I've been to Dalian. It's very beautiful and very clean. I would much rather live there, but my husband's family is in Shenyang so we are stuck here until we move back to the states. I'm wondering if any of the other Direct Filers have any helpful hints to give? Any advice is always appreciated.

Yeah... I've been to Shenyang once- when I had to go to the consulate- I wasn't too impressed. Though I've heard there are a lot of historical monuments around there. But cuz so many consulates are there I've heard you have better medical care. Not a single foreign doctor in Dalian.

BTW: Check your inbox. :D