Guest blsqueaky
Just remember that when you guys are sweating, or freezing, or getting rained on and are swating mosquitos on the back of your neck, we Californicators will be sitting in shorts on our beach chairs sipping drinks with little umbrellas!

(and secretly mocking the rest of you non CA people!!!!!) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

BUT, we do allow visitors to Ahhnolds state of "Kalifornya" and all are welcome!!!! ;) (hell, they let ME in!!)

Yes you may be able to sit on the beach but don't go near the water because it's too cold...I was fortunate enough to escape the Golden state in 1972 when it had half the population it has now. Having just sampled your CA life again let me just say that everything on the left coast is just too durned FAST. Give me the midwest for a calm, friendly, laid back place where you can actually afford a decent home... ;)

I will take the Mid-west in September any time of the year, I will even take it in the winter. Nothing like waking up after a nice snow fall, walking outside and smelling the clean air, so fresh. And people being so laid back, not always in a hurry, and very friendly, plus lets not forget the driving.

As far as affording a nice home, yes, depending on what you are looking for. Here on the lake, prices start from $40k up to about $2mil, just depending on how big and how closeo the lake that you want, and this is for a small lake, not lake erie

can't forget in midwest you can have neightbor next door by a few feet or few miles. almost everyone wave and say hello.

my nephew was shoch to so many people knew me because everyone one wave, dd not have the heart to tell him that normal here, and that i didn't know most of them

if you have a pig/ sheep roast or a fish fry expect about half the state showing up

Just remember that when you guys are sweating, or freezing, or getting rained on and are swating mosquitos on the back of your neck, we Californicators will be sitting in shorts on our beach chairs sipping drinks with little umbrellas!

(and secretly mocking the rest of you non CA people!!!!!) :blink:  :D  :lol:

BUT, we do allow visitors to Ahhnolds state of "Kalifornya" and all are welcome!!!! ;) (hell, they let ME in!!)

Yes you may be able to sit on the beach but don't go near the water because it's too cold...I was fortunate enough to escape the Golden state in 1972 when it had half the population it has now. Having just sampled your CA life again let me just say that everything on the left coast is just too durned FAST. Give me the midwest for a calm, friendly, laid back place where you can actually afford a decent home... :o

I will take the Mid-west in September any time of the year, I will even take it in the winter. Nothing like waking up after a nice snow fall, walking outside and smelling the clean air, so fresh. And people being so laid back, not always in a hurry, and very friendly, plus lets not forget the driving.

As far as affording a nice home, yes, depending on what you are looking for. Here on the lake, prices start from $40k up to about $2mil, just depending on how big and how closeo the lake that you want, and this is for a small lake, not lake erie

Squeak, IA is Iowa, CA is California. ...and not all californians drink with umbrellas in our glasses, we use celery sticks too.

Guest blsqueaky

(and secretly mocking the rest of you non CA people!!!!!) :unsure:  :blink:  :blink:

BUT, we do allow visitors to Ahhnolds state of "Kalifornya" and all are welcome!!!! :blink: (hell, they let ME in!!)

Yes you may be able to sit on the beach but don't go near the water because it's too cold...I was fortunate enough to escape the Golden state in 1972 when it had half the population it has now. Having just sampled your CA life again let me just say that everything on the left coast is just too durned FAST. Give me the midwest for a calm, friendly, laid back place where you can actually afford a decent home... :blink:

Squeak, IA is Iowa, CA is California. ...and not all californians drink with umbrellas in our glasses, we use celery sticks too.

Now where did I ever say IA, go back to sleep and get over jet lag

(and secretly mocking the rest of you non CA people!!!!!) :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yes you may be able to sit on the beach but don't go near the water because it's too cold...I was fortunate enough to escape the Golden state in 1972 when it had half the population it has now. Having just sampled your CA life again let me just say that everything on the left coast is just too durned FAST. Give me the midwest for a calm, friendly, laid back place where you can actually afford a decent home... :o

Now where did I ever say IA, go back to sleep and get over jet lag

You were wishing you made it to CA, but only got as far as IA.

Don't forget your anniversary's this week. Lings gonna love her new car.