During my recent trip to Nanning from Guangzhou and to LA from Guangzhou there was a new security feature at the Guangzhou airport. This consisted of two security guards, a standard "your luggage must fit in this thing template" and a scale.

Alll those not passing were denied entry to the boarding area and sent back to either check their carry-on or go through the line at the excess baggage payment bureau. For my domestic flight to Nanning "security" tried to stop me and pointed for me to return to check-in to check my carry-on bag. But I shoved my bag inside the test machine and "they" shrugged and let me pass. However, I observed a number of people rejected at these "new" checkpoints.

Guest Gene

When we all came back after the interveiw between the four of us we had eight bags to check, four large carry-ons, and two "camera bags" when we checked the luggage the clerk told us the carry-on's were to big and I argued they came over as carry-ons. I finaly said, fine check them , but I am not paying extra. It was kinda nice not having to fight for space with a bunch of carry-ons :D

During my recent trip to Nanning from Guangzhou and to LA from Guangzhou there was a new security feature at the Guangzhou airport.  This consisted of two security guards, a standard "your luggage must fit in this thing template" and a scale.

Alll those not passing were denied entry to the boarding area and sent back to either check their carry-on or go through the line at the excess baggage payment bureau.  For my domestic flight to Nanning "security" tried to stop me and pointed for me to return to check-in to check my carry-on bag.  But I shoved my bag inside the test machine and "they" shrugged and let me pass.  However, I observed a number of people rejected at these "new" checkpoints.

i was stopped in Hong Kong airport ... they did the same to me, but i was NOT able to get my bag inside the bin... it's was just sitting on top! :lol:

but... the just waved me by, no problem.... :blink: :blink: