Owning property in China

I could just Imagine how expensive it would be but I was wondering if anyone knew if people are even allowed to buy property directly on Shamian Island? We saw some Apartments there that would be heaven to live in or stores that would be fun to own. When Nicola got her visa we saw a building just past the Victory Hotel away from the consolate that was in shambles. That would have been heaven to buy. Cost of renovation would have been cheap i'm sure and it really would have turned out to be a beautiful building with the best location but when we went back for Nicola's grandparent's interview we saw that they were already renovating it. Made me think.....Has anyone bought property on the Shamian Island? Is it allowed? Anyone know a website or any idea of prices?

No one knows if China allows private ownership of property on Shamian Island?  :(  This is Candle we know everything

Oooo! Oooo! I know!! I know! please please call on me!! Oooo~! Ooooo!OO! (my best Arnold Horeshack impression).

Yes Arnold would you please tell the class.

Alright then maybe I don't know-but maybe I do. Oh OK, I lied about knowing but hey man, i never get to answer anyones questions. Do you want me to get a complex and spend years in needless therapy??

But Trigg in your case it would never be "needless therapy". Beleive us man, you need it badly. Now just be quiet and go with the nice, young men in the white coats... :blink:

So ya don't know!

Trigg,

Couldn't you save the money on therapy and talk to yourself? Omg! Now my question is never getting answered :blink: (whaling and crying....is that how you spell whaling.....is whaling a word....omg I'm taljing to myself)

Just to let everyone know I'm not considering buying property there just curious about it.

No one knows if China allows private ownership of property on Shamian Island?  :(  This is Candle we know everything

Between Trigg and I we know everything there is to know. I know almost everything except how dumb I am and Trigg knows that.

Guest blsqueaky
So ya don't know! 

Trigg,

Couldn't you save the money on therapy and talk to yourself?  Omg! Now my question is never getting answered :( (whaling and crying....is that how you spell whaling.....is whaling a word....omg I'm taljing to myself)

Just to let everyone know I'm not considering buying property there just curious about it.

As soon as my wife gets home, I will ask her. She is from Shamian. Are you looking at a place to renovate then make into busineess or just live????

Your wife used to live there? Nice! We are not looking to buy anything there like I said when we passed that building I got curious and was wondering if people could buy property there ans how much. Its a really pleasant place considering how busy GZ is then how relaxed the island is.

We are trying to pay off our house mortgage right now. Its like a black hole the more money we throw into it the more likley we won't have to wait 30 years to pay it off. Soooo anyone hear anything about it?

Are there places where you actually buy land? I thought most of China is lease hold. Haven't seen anywhere yet that wouldn't sell a building for the right price.

Trigg personally I don't like the idea of needles being poked in my skin and prefer to do acupressure.

"Do you want me to get a complex and spend years in needles therapy?? I thought you typed an extra "s" and fixed it

:D