Trip to GZ in February

Mick and I are planning a joint trip to GZ on or about February 10.

The ladies on the 001 board are planning to send a group letter for us to present in person. (That way Richard Adams can't claim that no such letter arrived.)

If the people on this board would also like to have a group letter delivered I will deliver it. Somebody work one up. I am thinking that it will be even more effective if we can say that the letter was not written by us. I am looking to disarm any means that they can use to portray it as just a couple of kooks (even if we are). If we write the letter and deliver it then I think it has less impact.

Personally, I do not plan to be passive or submissive. I want answers not a lot of BS. If we get answers, great. If we don't, then it is more evidence in our case about how poorly we are treated.

What questions do we want to ask? We need to get it down to a reasonably sized list or questions that it is reasonable to expect answers to.

Owen is absolutely correct! It would be more effective if the two of us can appear on their doorstep armed with not only our own rhetoric and personal issues. We need something tangible that we can present to Richard Adams, or whomever we manage to gain access to. If they hear us out, great. If they brush us off, then that, too, is in its own way a victory. It provides us with further documented proof that they are turning a deaf ear to our pleas for help.

I am of two minds about this journey that Owen and I are planning. One one hand, I am hopeful that somehow we might manage to be heard by someone and be able to accomplish at least a modicum of progress in our cause. However, my pessimistic side, fueled by the reality of so many months of deception, distraction, dishonesty, and stalling, feels that even these efforts will be thwarted by the inertia and ineptitude of the foe we are facing.

Yet I can no longer be passive in face of this ongoing debacle. I don't plan to show up at GZ ranting and raving as I feel this will accomplish little. But, as Owen says, if we can appear on their doorstep with a reasonable approach and documented evidence, perhaps, just perhaps, some good will come of this journey. I am of the mind that we need copies of various contradictory communications, personal letters, and other items that clearly and without equivocation, clearly illustrate the insanity we have been dealing with since late July.

I am, and I think I speak for Owen as well, are open to reasonable suggestions. We don't want to appear to be love-crazed fanatics (although we are :D ), but instead, two determined individuals who represent not only themselves, but a host of others lost is a sea of confusion. Above all, we don't want to be dismissed as kooks, so I guess we may abandon the Moses and Joshua strategy. :(

Any thoughts out there?

Gentlemen,

I will forward to you copies of the now infamous e-mails which I received from Lisa Piascik (see "A False Alarm") concerning our "namecheck" clearance. I wholeheartedly support your trip, and wish I could be there as well. However, I plan to be somewhere else that day (see my new topic - "A Trip to Washington").

Good point. If you have evidence that GZ, DOS, both or anyone along the line of this has lied to or mislead you, I would like to have that information to present. I know that most of this is already on the board, but it is scatterd through the 900 or so topics. I will start a topic heading and if you have info post it to us so that we can compile the proof. Nick and I are on holiday right now, so we might as well use our time productively.

Another straw on the camel's back. I could have been working over the holiday and making money, but I turned it down because we had been promised action by now.

Guest jennifer_lam

Owen,

as we chated by PM, I will help u to collect the ladies' names co-sign on a group letter. Pls contact me when u come GZ. If u need any help, feel free to conact me! U got my cell phone NO. right?

I can't go to GZ consulate because I don't have American Passport. So I feel really happy that u and Mick will go for us who can't go!! Thank u so much !!! I hope they will let u talk to the right person and hand in the group letter, don't let the officer go until he read the letter before u and give us an explaination. U know, We have sent so many letters. I am wondering if they ever read it. SO this time , We need to make sure they read the letter. oh..am I too strict on them? well, I have beening waiting for 6 months after interview approved.

God bless us!!!

No you are not to strict.  You have the right attitude.  Especially for we who are citizens of the USA, we have every right and even every responsibility to demand the attentiona and the aciton of our government.

And may I add it is high time we did so.

And no Jennifer, you are not too strict. And also remember, your words have power! We need you. :blink:

Does anyone know if the consulate can issue visas if they want to? In other words, if they are willing to take the heat, can they do it.

Maybe it is time to push for visitor visas that are good until the name check is finished. Something like the late V visas.

If you are there push for another solution of some kind as we can all see that the current deal is not working. There must be somekind of visa that can get the financees in the country.

first: owen and mick:

it is great that you are willing to do this. we all will benefit from your visit, i think.

maybe it would be a good idea for people to put together an outline of their efforts and the responses these efforts were met with (not prose). wouldnt it be nice if you had a stack of papers (with pictures?!!!) to slap down on the desk? he doesnt even need to look at them to hear the sweet sound of a problem that wont go away.

first: owen and mick:

it is great that you are willing to do this.  we all will benefit from your visit, i think. 

maybe it would be a good idea for people to put together an outline of their efforts and the responses these efforts were met with (not prose).  wouldnt it be nice if you had a stack of papers (with pictures?!!!) to slap down on the desk?  he doesnt even need to look at them to hear the sweet sound of a problem that wont go away.

Good idea.

Does anyone know if the consulate can issue visas if they want to? In other words, if they are willing to take the heat, can they do it. 

Maybe it is time to push for visitor visas that are good until the name check is finished.  Something like the late V visas.

If you are there push for another  solution of some kind as we can all see that the current  deal is not working. There must be somekind of visa that  can get the financees in the country.

I already tried that route. Once your fiance or spouse has a petition filed for them to immigrate, they are ineligable for any other visa. I found out when we talked to Shenyang about a tourist visa for my wife, so she could make the trip during this holiday and then return to China to await the immigration visa.

Maybe it is time to push for visitor visas that are good until the name check is finished.  Something like the late V visas.

If you are there push for another  solution of some kind as we can all see that the current  deal is not working.   There must be somekind of visa that  can get the financees in the country.

I already tried that route. Once your fiance or spouse has a petition filed for them to immigrate, they are ineligable for any other visa. I found out when we talked to Shenyang about a tourist visa for my wife, so she could make the trip during this holiday and then return to China to await the immigration visa.

The problem is Ski that doing something like you suggest is that it would require an act of logic and compassion on the part of the powers that be. As of this date, they seem incapable of both.

Like Owen mentioned, I had a friend try this route as well and was flat out told that the visitors visa would nullify the K-1 application. It should also be noted that visitors visas are difficult to obtain, especially for young women. I have had countless students who were refused over the past five years, primarily based on age.

But you are right. It would seem that INS would be willing to do something to reunite all of us who are suffering through this mess. After all, whatever blunder they committed with the Black Hole gang was no fault of our own. :( <_< :(

Owen and Mick.

I think you have a great idea to visit GZ. I think both CFL and 001.com should give both

of you some sort of document to identify you as agents for CFL and 001.com. The

documents should list the purpose of the organizations. the number of viewers per

day, and show the rapid growth of both groups. I do not want Owen to appear to be just

another malcontent. He must be Mr. Malcontent with a growing number of like minded

people with him. Organization will give you some sharp teeth to work with.

Aloha from Hawaii Myles