My stupid question thread.

Gene,

Yes she did. It was about a week later but I was so wrapped up in things I didn't make note of it. I need to go back over our Yahoo logs so I can figure when it was that she recieved it. :rolleyes:

I asked Dan the same in another [forgotten] post.. but he probably didn't answer me anyway... :wub:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gene,

Yes she did. It was about a week later but I was so wrapped up in things I didn't make note of it. I need to go back over our Yahoo logs so I can figure when it was that she recieved it. :rolleyes:

I asked Dan the same in another [forgotten] post.. but he probably didn't answer me anyway... :wub:

David, I remember Dan posting somewhere that Ping got the package 5 days later. But I'm sure he is like me in that everything is a big blur right now.

The visa payment is the only issue... must be done prior to exam at authorized bank.

There are authorized banks in Shanghai.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/shanghai/visa/

Did you actually use one of these?

I've seen in the past this info has been pointed out but no one has stated to use them. If you look at the bottom of the link they list the visa types.. but a K-# visa is not in their list . SO that is what makes me question they acceptance for K visa fee...

The visa payment is the only issue... must be done prior to exam at authorized bank.

There are authorized banks in Shanghai.

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/shanghai/visa/

Did you actually use one of these?

I've seen in the past this info has been pointed out but no one has stated to use them. If you look at the bottom of the link they list the visa types.. but a K-# visa is not in their list . SO that is what makes me question they acceptance for K visa fee...

We did not use one of these.

I'm looking at Yue's receipt and it reads: "United States of America Nonimmigrant Visa Application Fee Receipt". It is not specific to any type of visa.

It seems reasonable that if one could get a med exam in Shanghai, and have to show proof of payment, they could pay for the visa there as well. Arguably "reasonable" and GUZ hardly occur in the same thought. It would certainly be worth a try.

As I thought about it today, I realized that Jen is relying on me to be there with her to finish up the forms so she wouldn't want to do the physical early. That means no time in Shanghai, so we'll remain with plan A. :D I'd still like to see though about the payment options in other cities so that debate can be put to rest. I would think you should be able to pay the fees in any city you can take the physical, but then we are talking about the government. :blink:

Guest Gene

My wife went in and had the physical before I got there. Then I helped finish up the paperwork after I arrived and we took it to the Hospital and got the package put together, which included the receipt for the visa fee. :D

If there is a place to go make the payment, we can. I am probable going to be out of it when I get there but the following day we are already planning to go play in Shanghai. If the payment can be done I'd be happy to. She has us on a flight to GZ the afternoon of the 13th so it would be possible, but getting from Kunshan to Shanghai to take care of picking up the thing then to the airport? :D That seems very stressfull. We are at the Victory so the clinic is right there in GZ. That shoud do fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim,

I carried Ai Yes' ring in my camera bag, no problem, just keep your eyes open during security checks. No one ever made me declare either the ring, digital cam, or vidieo cam.

As for the marriage, eligibilty avidavit, I had to go to US em. in Biejing. This has to be done, if you are marrying in china. It was easy to do. save yourself some time and a walk, carry your SO ID papers in with you. she cannot go in. You will fill out a form, they will make the official form. Then the officer will lecture you on internet fraud, if that is how you met. Then you raise right hand, swear it is all true. They hand you your certificate. This is assuming you have never been married. If so, you will need supporting docs.

Ken

Ah the stupid questions keep coming.

First off, Jen got through the physical OK. B) The kept shuffling her from room to room and she took it all like a little trooper. :wub: I probably had a harder time of it watching her. :o

After, she was given a list of what to bring tomorrow to be incuded with the results. One item was a cert of intent to marry from me. What did I miss something? :P I did not realise this. I plan to hand write something and take it to the consulate to be notarized. Is this good? :rolleyes:

There should of been one in the I-129F, but it's going to be quite old for GUZ's taste...

Based on my readings.. most petitioner's update their "Intent to Marry" and notorize in the US.. .the beneficiary will do hers at the consulate and sign it there...

You'll just have to ask if they will do the notorizing for free or not.. I've heard that if it is required, then they are supposed to do it for free...

I'd imagine they would, I'll go by there later and post what happens. If I have to go somewhere and pay for a notary, so be it.

Even if the consulate won't do it for free, you can do it there.. how many places can you go to get an english letter notorized ? :D And if you pay the consulate, it is expensive... so they must realize this....