My stupid question thread.

Ping also decided to take the physical after arriving in GZ for the interview. Rushed schedules seem to be the norm in China and there rarely seems to be a mess up. So relax leave it to her and enjoy the ride. A friend had same day service in Beijing. I don't think there should be any problem with next day.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what you are saying Dan is, "shut up relax and don't worry about it" :o

I couldn't imagine it being a problem. i remember how impressed I was with the seemingly chaos in Shanghai Rail Station but still people got in and out in short order. I guess in a country of over 1.4 billion, you learn how to get things done. :blink: Now just to make sure we do. :huh:

Jim,

Is having the physical done beforehand in maybe Shanghai not an option??? Sure give you some breathing room. acw

I'm also thinking about that as a possibility. I'll only be there for 2 days, the first of which will be after a long overnight flight. Jen will be there earlier and could go as I'm not really needed to be there so I'll ask. I have to be careful though, a lot of her confidence is coming from my reassurances so I don't want to worry her by making last minute changes.

Jim,

Is having the physical done beforehand in maybe Shanghai not an option??? Sure give you some breathing room. acw

I'm also thinking about that as a possibility. I'll only be there for 2 days, the first of which will be after a long overnight flight. Jen will be there earlier and could go as I'm not really needed to be there so I'll ask. I have to be careful though, a lot of her confidence is coming from my reassurances so I don't want to worry her by making last minute changes.

The visa payment is the only issue... must be done prior to exam at authorized bank.

From what I have experienced planning ahead is one of those cultural differences. I like to get everything planned out. Even to the contingency plans. All I get in answer is "You think too much".

So Jim, you think too much! Everything will work out. Suggest the SH hospital idea then forget it and leave it to her.

From what I have experienced planning ahead is one of those cultural differences. I like to get everything planned out. Even to the contingency plans. All I get in answer is "You think too much".

So Jim, you think too much! Everything will work out. Suggest the SH hospital idea then forget it and leave it to her.

I agree with the sentiment that will be directed to him (as it does to us all).. but as long as you explain that it must be received same or next day, I'm sure she will take care of it...

I get the same thing :lol: I think Jen just lives so much more in the moment. Don't know if its personality or cultural

I get the same thing :lol: I think Jen just lives so much more in the moment. Don't know if its personality or cultural

"in the moment" is their middle name... you know enough Tao to understand where this comes from I'm sure...

"in the moment" is their middle name... you know enough Tao to understand where this comes from I'm sure...

That is my Jennifer, but I have rubbed off a bit. She is in the planning ahead part that she is sending her things plus a lot of stuff she has bought for me ahead so we don't have to worry about it in GZ. :D She also wants to get to work right away so we can save to travel to HK next summer.