Passed the interview

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Mark said, Fanny got her visa also. Luckily I live in LA so I got my call at 12:30, before I fell asleep.

She called me again this morning to give me some details. She got the typical questions, When did we meet, thru what website, how many times have we seen each other, etc.

The only questions that were a little different were, "Why did I get divorced" and "Why don't I have any children". Fanny was well prepared to answer those.

Thanks to all those who've previously posted their questions.

PF

As Mark said, Fanny got her visa also.  Luckily I live in LA so I got my call at 12:30, before I fell asleep.

She called me again this morning to give me some details.  She got the typical questions, When did we meet, thru what website, how many times have we seen each other, etc.

The only questions that were a little different were, "Why did I get divorced" and "Why don't I have any children".  Fanny was well prepared to answer those.

Thanks to all those who've previously posted their questions.

PF

Congratulations !!!

As for the 'different question'... Based on my interview research, prior marriages by either petitioner or beneficiary draw questions specific to divorce..

What part of the US will you two be calling home?

Thanks everyone!

We will be living in Michigan. Not too many CFL's over here. Its a decent state and my family is here. She has some family in Canada that are a 6 hour drive from our home. As soon as she gets AP we'll be heading there. Her brother had a baby girl last month and she is anxious to visit.

One additional note about the interview. As she waited and after it was done she watched and talked to others. Everyone she talked to and everyone she saw had passed the interview.

She has some work commitments and would like to spend a week in her home town visiting her father and relatives so she isn't coming immediately. Ugh! Another month! Anyway, I'll be able to handle it once she gets the visa in her passport.

PS: I've already been cleaning. Started with the basement and working my way up! :rolleyes:

Hey don't clean too much. Fanny will be here as soon as she gets the visa and books a flight. I live in a big 1 bedroom apartment. I've been cleaning since last week and still have a bunch to go.

I don't want Fanny talking to her and finding out how much more clean your place is compared to mine.

Perry you are right this could be a potential danger with having meetups. I bet we'd never hear the end of it if someone reports that their Laowai can clean real good. I'm still trying to send the P-4 materials. Next step is cleaning to make room for her. I think I will start by sitting and staring at all I must dump or box up.

PS:  I've already been cleaning.  Started with the basement and working my way up! :huh:

Congratulations to both couples and thanks for the interview feedback!

Mark: My mother taught me to always clean from TOP to the BOTTOM. Dad taught me have to save all the stuff mom wanted thrown out in the basement. :blink: acw

Hey don't clean too much.  Fanny will be here as soon as she gets the visa and books a flight.  I live in a big 1 bedroom apartment.  I've been cleaning since last week and still have a bunch to go.

I don't want Fanny talking to her and finding out how much more clean your place is compared to mine.

My fiancee has been to visit me twice. She knows how clean / messy I am. She's the one that told me that the basement is a high priority. I'm too much of a packrat.

I just talked to my fiancee. She was complaining about Fanny. Both went shopping at different stores last night. She said that Fanny is too slender and can find / buy more clothes than her in GZ. Now my fiancee is going to go visit the stores that Fanny went to last night to try and find the clothes that Fanny bought in her size. My fiancee is a little taller at 165 cm.

So, about the cleaning, I figure I "owe you one." :blink: