Chinese Newspapers/Magazines

Hi All,

I want to get a Chinese language subcription to a magazine or newspaper, but preferably a magazine for my wife to read. In Albuquerque, there really isn't a Chinese community so I'll have to order it online. In addition, I would like one published anywhere but China.

Any ideas?

I asked the same question a little while ago. I didn't find the answer I was looking for. I would like to subscribe to a magazine or newspaper that she can read in the car, around the house, etc. The Asian markets in my area don't carry anything either.

The closest thing to what I am interested in that was recommeded was the World Journal from Dan R. Unfortuantely, it is a bit pricey. Dan also posted this link: Kidon Media Link

Previous topic: Recommended Periodicals

Hi All,

I want to get a Chinese language subcription to a magazine or newspaper, but preferably a magazine for my wife to read.  In Albuquerque, there really isn't a Chinese community so I'll have to order it online.  In addition, I would like one published anywhere but China.

Any ideas?

We have a paper here in the Portland, OR area. It is free at the asian markets, but you might be able to get a subscription sent to another area.

Portland Chinese Times

7827 SE Powell Blvd.

Portland, Oregon 97206

(503) 771-9560 Phone

(503) 788-8900 Fax

I would like to subscribe to a magazine or newspaper that she can read in the car

Whatever language you speak, reading while driving is just plain dangerous.

Even the street signs?

In China, especially the street signs. Follow the traffic rules and you'll be out of step with every other motorist on the road. Dangerous indeed. Street signs are mainly there to provide extra income for the migrant workers, who steal them and sell them as scrap metal.

A very interesting form of public assistance. Very different from the U.S. where like license plates, road signs bring income to the prison population that we support. They also are used to create revenue for the local community by ticketing those who do not follow instruction of the signs properly. Even more revenue can be generated by putting the signs in difficult to see positions such as behind shrubs and trees or a commercial loading zone frequented by large trucks.

Cultural Diversity is fascinating.

They also are used to create revenue for the local community by ticketing those who do not follow instruction of the signs properly.

I am constantly trying to figure out why China doesn't enforce traffic regulations through ticketing. They would make a friggin' fortune! When I discuss this with others they simply say it's because most drivers don't know the laws. But wouldn't they be forced to learn, and abide? We're talking about a potential billion dollar industry here for the government. I just can't get my mind around the apparent apathy.

What was this thread about, anyway?