Chinese Newspapers/Magazines

What was this thread about, anyway?

The practical Chinese do not seem to appreciate the degree of avarice that can be acheived under capitalism. But they learn very fast.

Oh this thread? It was about Chinese language newspapers and magazines. We are staying much closer to topic than usual for CFL :lol: :lol:

They also are used to create revenue for the local community by ticketing those who do not follow instruction of the signs properly.

I am constantly trying to figure out why China doesn't enforce traffic regulations through ticketing. They would make a friggin' fortune! When I discuss this with others they simply say it's because most drivers don't know the laws. But wouldn't they be forced to learn, and abide? We're talking about a potential billion dollar industry here for the government. I just can't get my mind around the apparent apathy.

What was this thread about, anyway?

I think it is a somewhat interesting question... but their history and society is just not that concerned with a legalist way of life... The Italians had the saying, "Where there is a law, there is a way around the law".

But they are not into 'catching' people doing wrong and more into a strange kind of freedom which does tend to lead to a certain level of controlled chaos.

And there's just too many people to be discriminatory as to who you would actually stop.

I saw police directing traffic and basically encouraging this type of driving..