I-134 and evidence

Just finished arranging everything in 8.5x11 windowed envelopes with notes on each.

These I have duplicate originals going in seperate courrier packs just in case of lostmail.

1) Notarized I-134 complete

2) Employer's Letter

3) Bank Letter

4) Copy of 2004 Tax filing and refund check

Other things are joint financial accounts, copy of wallet spread to show Ping's pictures, retirement account, a touching email from Ping about our future, phone cards, phone bill, letter from Harty's office.

Oh yeh and the letter of intent.

This is it! I decided to keep it simple. I think it is important from what I have read that she be able to present specifics quickly in answer to questions. Since I can't go over these with her in person I have attached notes. Photo copies are not acceptable photo evidence but I wrote comments on each and signed them so legally they become original documents.

She will also have her phone records, email print outs and photos as well as letters from friends.

OK anything I didn't include that I shouldn't be without? I still have time to send another packet.

Sounds good Dan.

My only comment would be about the letter of intent. Some people suggested that it be written as a plain jane legal document would, but I feel that it should meet the legal requirements AND reflect some of the reality in your case, namely, I think about you every day, can't live without you, you mean more to me than life itself. You can also put in stuff about the time you've spent together, meeting her family and places you have traveled to together. I think this kind of letter tips your hand a lot more than someone who is just willing to go through the motions or meet the letter of the law.

Maybe it's just me, but this letter is written to affirm and reflect your never ending love. That love should be reflected in the letter.

A little schmaltz can't possibly hurt!

I'd agree that you appear to have it all covered.

Not sure if I can agree with cosmiclobster on the "tone" of the intent to marry letter. While it does show going "above and beyond", you never know which officer your SO is going to interview with...and if it's going to be asked for at all. My impression of the whole GZ process is that it's an assembly line with the outcomes in many cases already predetermined. I think a more legalistic, clear-cut, tone to the intent to marry letter would help your SO through the interview, which is a nerve-wracking process. I'm more a fan of keeping it simple with the "original" presentation of documentation, with a load of backup handy...just in case. Your SO may wind up having to explain a less-direct intent-to-marry letter, and I'm sure (s) he already has enough to worry about.

A more schmaltz-y letter written around the same time, however, I think would be a good back-up in the situation, verifying the depth and truth of the relationship, if called upon.

jmho

Trevor

I'm also apprehensive to do what cosmiclobster said.

Put yourself in the VO's perspective. I have 20 or 20 somewhat petitions to go through before the interviews. They've got this and that and... what's this? This is not the normal intent to marry! I'm going to have to read this! Am I in a good mood or a bad mood today?

Maybe they'll like it out of the norm and maybe not.

"yes, I intend to marry your daughter and the shotgun aimed at the back of my head has not influenced my decision!" :unsure: :D :lol:

I wasn't suggesting a 3 page letter that the VO would have to labor over and read through. It can be one paragraph.

There is no "normal" letter.

If some lady paid me to go through the fiancee visa process then I would follow the letter of the law and make it minimalistic and legal sounding.

I am just suggesting to personalize the letter and include a few facts that contribute to the establishment of a relationship. After all, that is what the interview is about, to establish if a bona fide relationship exists.

Of course, this is JMHO and everyone else is entitled to theirs!

Letter of intent.

"I met **** at****. We fell in love. It honors me that she has acepted my proposal of marriage. It is my intent to marry her immediatly after she arrives in the US. This marriage will take place long before the 90 day time limit. blah blah blah"

This covers legal requirement and touches on reasons for marriage. It is basically what I sent a million or so years ago. Succinct yet timeless.

Letter of intent.

"I met **** at****. We fell in love. It honors me that she has acepted my proposal of marriage. It is my intent to marry her immediatly after she arrives in the US. This marriage will take place long before the 90 day time limit. blah blah blah"

This covers legal requirement and touches on reasons for marriage. It is basically what I sent a million or so years ago.  Succinct yet timeless.

I ______ do fully intend to marry ________ within 90 days of her entry into the US.

Swept her off her feet with that one. :D :D

Thanks for the advice everyone. Steven I sent the schmaltzie letter of intent in the original application. I also included 2003 tax return. I included the W-2s with each.

This time I just did something like Trigg said. Just the facts, ma'am.

I just got back from going to the courrier's office. Yesterday he told me that he would be there from 10-5 today. They were closed. Thinking it was for lunch I waited an hour and a half before giving up. The next chance will be after work one day if I can get there before they close.

FIRST GUZ NOW THIS!!!!!!!!

Ooooohhhhhhmmmmmmmm Bbbbbbllllluuuuuuuuueeeeeee Tttttthhhhhiiiinnnngggggiiiieeeeeee