What is the bast way for a quick wedding and what documents are needed? Is my SO's passport good enough or do I need something to prove she is single? I also heard something about an apostile but I am not sure what this is.

Thanks for the help.

can not answer for china but can say What Viet nam want. just got done with notary and apostile

the Apostile by the Secertary of State office(Mine is MIssouri) (there a office in every major city in the state you live in) a apostile and a page attached to each notary form that have the seal of the state in shiny gold and sivler and red color I had two on each cover page and signed by the office. cost 10 dollars each docucument.

Application of marriage Registration

notary and apostitle my half she will have it done when I get there for her half (could have waited until i gone to have it notary there but the State apostile are cool looking and look legal! both the notary require notar to witness it. and 2 photo (passport photo of me and one of her)

certificate of single status, notary by a COUNTY CLERK and apositle by the state. it a paper you saying I am single and will marry (your SO name here) that you have sign and witness by a notary

Biographical information

information about you and a picture of you notary and apostile.

Affidavit of single status (this is NOT the certificate of single status) this is issue and certified by the state that they did a record search from your 18 birthday until now and found no record that you are married. don'tworry if divorce it show you not married.

This only have to be apostile and the affidavit cost 15 dollars

copy of my passport picture and info page, notary and apostile

Pre-marital examination of mental health sign by a physician or a counsler ( i had a two hour exam then was sign my family doctor was a A-hole and would not sign it) cost 100 dollars some wanted 200 to 300 for the exam. this was notary at county clerk office with the counsler present then I had it apostile

and Divorce papers a certifide copy and apostile

i had 2 copies of each made total cost 230 dollars (120 was the apostile of the document)

NOTE (1) have County clerk write "I on this day witness the signing of said document" or be force to have to have it taken back and have the clerk add it in

NOTE(2) you can have the State of State office notary and apostile the form with you there the Notary are free one county and state level. the apostile are not free cost 10 per document in missouri

NOTE (3) Birth certificate can only be Apostile in the state you was born in

Note (4) you do not have to go to office to have it apostile just mail in all the document and a money order and they mail it back in 3 days. but faster going in and do it.

took 2 hours for them to process it and they take credit cards

just spent all day notary and apostile forms today

have to have mental health apostile when i get back from driving

Robert and Thoa

Good luck on wedding!

mine is first week of june depend on when I get there!

For China you must have a locally certified divorce decree that has been certified again by the State Department and then authenticated by the Chinese Consulate. I have one that was done this way. It is very decorative :P

I wanted every possibility covered.

Always check the local marriage laws as they do vary. We could have married in her city with only the divorce decree and my passport. On her side the city has all her info and the National I.D. card identifies her. They had recently removed the requirement of her parents signature.

I hope your aware that by going the marriage route, you could be adding six months or more to waiting for her to get to the states over another method.

So, if your wanting to get married quickly so that she can get to the US, you should think twice and consider the fiance visa, which is much quicker to get her to the US.

So, also good to hear what state you reside in since ultimately you going to submit to get her visa to come to the US , correct?

David if you have read any of my stories you understand what I face with Thoa mother, there been several attempt of her trying to arrange wedding, and she not giving up

Robert

Robert.. sorry, not sure why your telling me this. I was responding to the original poster. But your responding to me. I was not responding to your post.. it was too long and I didn't read it.

I'm aware of your confrontation of marriage with the mother. It is unfortunately but my hope is that you and Thoa will prevail. You've got all my support... I'm not giving up on you !!!

What is the bast way for a quick wedding and what documents are needed? Is my SO's passport good enough or do I need something to prove she is single? I also heard something about an apostile but I am not sure what this is.

Thanks for the help.

For a quick wedding in Alabama, a shotgun is usually all that is needed. Her Dad was in China and we were willing to wait a few minutes, so her passport was all that was required. YMMV according to location, but I doubt further proof of singleness is required after she gets her visa and gets to the USA.

If you plan to marry in China, it is you that must prove you are single.

What is the bast way for a quick wedding and what documents are needed?

It might help to know where you want to do the quickie. China? What city?

Well that was just stupid of me.. sorry.

My SO has her visa and will arrive in the US in about a week or two, but is there any special paperwork that is needed to get married because she is from a foreign country?

Maybe one of the Vegas newlyweds will chime in about the marriage capital of the US. Here in Georgia, all that was needed was proof of age and identity. Jingwen's passport satisfied both requirements. I'd probably first check with the local magistrate of other court official in your neck of the woods. It may be easier than you think.