And then she came out smiling....

By the way ...

What fees did you have to pay after the interview???

We went to the Shamian Island Post office (For us westerners... if is the pace next to the new victort hotel with the large green "China Post" signs on it and stainless steel benches in the lobby).

At the post office we paid 20 RMB for them the get and hold the delivered passport.

These are the only fees we had to pay after the interview...

Of course if you look at the big picture... the real expensive part will be the babies we are planning... much more than 20 RMB.... :unsure:

First of all...Congratulations!! Second, I have just began the application process and was reading some information here. If my husband was a member of the Communist (Youth league or whatever), the one for when he was a child, will this affect him? Forgive my ignorance. I'm just very worried about the future of this process.

Not likely as this would be before he was able to exercise free choice as an adult. Even the Pope has a childhood background in the Nazi Youth Corp. If you feel this means answering the form yes under this question, then I would explain it using the 2 points I mention. Personally I do not feel this is what they are asking about in the question. American law differentiates between acts as a child or an adult. I read this as being adult activities, not those required or directed to a child. Laws and forms are always open to interpretation.