USCIS case status online

Question for all the good folks out there. I just received my first NOA1 and i am so happy to see it.

1) However I applied for case status online but when I put in my EAC receipt number it says nothing exists?

2) Does anyone know if it should be available right away or will it take a while to be in the system?

Here is the message "Validation Error(s)

You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number. "

Guest Gene

It is a Fun peice to receive....Congratulations

I just recently added 4 items for AOS and EAD right after I recieved the NOA1's and they went right in. I think I would call the USCIS Customer Service Line.

Obviously make sure you are putting the number in correctly, including all letters and numbers.

Guest blsqueaky

If I can remember awhile ago, when I received my 1st NOA, I think that I gave it an extra week to see if it was in the system, and it was, but did not like the news it gave me back.

Wishing you the best of luck

It is a Fun peice to receive....Congratulations

I just recently added 4 items for AOS and EAD right after I recieved the NOA1's and they went right in. I think I would call the USCIS Customer Service Line.

Obviously make sure you are putting the number  in correctly, including all letters and numbers.

Include the entire number with EAC in front, but leave out any dashes.

Once mine was approved it was in before I received the hardcopy. Also, got an informational email which is another neat option. So it doesn't take long for them to register it in the computer.

Oh, BTW congrats on NOA1.... Now let's hope for a speedy NOA2...

Guest blsqueaky
My wife's MSC number for AOS didn't work for 10 months until recently when I tried it. All of a sudden it works but instead of the original receipt date of Dec. 17, 2003 it is now July 21, 2004. Go figure!........... :angry:

Ling's was also a MSC #, but luckily it was in. I guess that it just depends on where it is filed.

C4, how did yo get that option, please tell me so that I can get it into NVC, instead of me bugging them all of the time.

case status on line???? what a joke. i had both cases on line (130 and 129 for k3) i applied oct 21 2004. and a week later for the 129f. i got my noa2 for the 130 feb2. My case was never updated. and the 129 f was also never updated to this day. well last week or so i got 6 emails from them saying my 130 was approved april 27th. Duh? better just talk with a real person. Just anaother example of our gov at work.

case status on line???? what a joke.  i had both cases on line (130 and 129 for k3)  i applied oct 21 2004.  and a week later for the 129f.  i got my noa2 for the 130 feb2.  My case was never updated.  and the 129 f was also never updated to this day.  well last week or so i got 6 emails from them saying my 130 was approved april 27th.  Duh?  better just talk with a real person.  Just anaother example of our gov at work.

When I was going through the VSC stages of my K1, my case was updated and I got the email updates automatically. Your timeliine does not reflect who you submitted through... Maybe a Center issue...

csc

So it's really hard to know if the problem is time constraints on the center to update this info... not an excuse, but we cannot generalize it to all cases setup online.

I do think that it's more important for the other centers than VSC... since VSC is very fast anyway.. so I wish they could get the resources to do it at the other ones.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that is having problems getting my status info online. I sent P3 to GUZ about 2 weeks ago and have been checking online. It says that there is no record of us in their system. But, I DCF-ed for CR-1 here in China, so maybe that's the problem