AOS interview today!

Hello all,

It seems like the visa rat-race is nearing and end for my wife and I. The AOS interview is tomorrow and I just finished making copies of about 100+ pages of paperwork. It is incredible how long this process takes. I was married 1 year and 11 months ago in China and with luck, she will have her green card by the 2 year anniversary. Thank god there were no major delays along the way (except for a EAD delay of only 3 weeks due to mailing error by the govt).

Ill post again this afternoon to discribe how the interview went.

randy

Guest Long_strider

Just remember,

2 years after the AOS you must go through another process to change the conditional green card status to a permanent one.

No the paperwork is never over.......

:angry: :D <_<

Guest Gene

Randy,

Are you going from a K-1 or a K-3? If your from a K-3 and your two year anniversary is close hopefully you will end up with an IR-1, then you won't have to do the removal of conditions in 2 years. Anyway Good Luck, hope everything goes well :D

GOOD NEWS! The interview lasted only about 4 minutes. She asked about 10 questions to my wife such as: have you been arrested or been in jail,?have you been in trouble for prostitution? have you ever applied for an AOS before? have you been caught using fraudulent documents? etc...

Next, she explained that she is waiting on our I-130 papers, our security check and vacinations. I replied that I may have some vacination papers she needs. I handed over some vacination paper my wife got in china and she said "Yes, that is what I need". She then asked either of us to describe how we met. We both spoke for about 45 seconds or 1 minute each explaining meeting on the internet at photoaid.com and then seeing each other in person 6 months later, then marrying 3 days after that

she then said the office checks for approved security checks once per week. As soon as the papers arrive and the security check is done, (and if it looks ok), the green card should arrive in the mail in about 10 days. I asked if I could check the USCIS web site and see right away when things are approved. She said yes, the status will change about 10 days before I get the green card in the mail.

She came here on a K-3 visa. We were married in China and did both a I-129F and I-130 while in China.

The last step will be to remove conditional status, but that should be very simple.

randy