DS-156: Page 2 Item #36. Has Anyone Ever Filed an Immigrant Visa Petition on Your Behalf? Should we say yes and write down my name?

Supplemental Form GNI-2:

Item #6 there's not enough space to write down the places of residence since age 16. Is it OK to state "See form attached" and staple it to the form?

Certification of Legal Capacity and Intent to Marry:

Just write down my name and the rest to be filled out and signed in front of the visa officer?

DS-156 & DS-157: Should we fill out 4 in total, chinese and english versions?

Is it Ok to write addresses in chinese only?

Are there any other forms in the P4 to be filled out in both languages?

Thanks!!!!!

I'll give answers based on what I have off my FAQ.. hope others will chime in and add/correct where needed.

1. DS-156 # 36. yes. write petitioner's name

2. Supplement GNI-2 #6. Yes. "see attachment" or anything similar

3. Intent to marry. Yes, you'll sign at consulate

4. DS-156 & DS157 - You should end up with 8 total:

a. DS-156 : Two in English, two in chinese (4)

b. DS-157 : Two in English, two in chinese (4)

5. Some have written in the address in english on both forms

6. No other form has two versions (english and chinese). Although some forms could ask for something in english and chinese on the same form.

--- FAQ ---

[GUZ]

P4 PACKAGE:

1. Appointment letter in English

2. K-1 appointment (packet 4) letter

3. Appointment letter for immigrant visa applications (OF-171)

4. Important notice in Chinese (for photograph specifications)

5. Supplemental form GNI-2

6. Certification of legal capacity and intent to marry

7. Family composition sheet (GIV-24)

8. Medical examination instructions (GIV-8)

9. Medical examination for immigrant or refugee applicant (DS-2053)

10. Chest X-ray and classification worksheet (DS-3024)

11. Vaccination documentation worksheet (DS-3025)

12. Medical history and physical examination worksheet (DS-3026)

13. Nonimmigrant visa application (DS-156) and nonimmigrant visa application for applicants 16 years and older (DS-157) (two sets)

14. Nonimmigrant fiancee ) visa application (DS-156K)

[CFL]We filled out #5, 7, 13 (DS-156, DS-157, two copies of each, one for the interview and one for the medical exam hospital), 14.

[CFL]#8 through #12 were for the medical exam.

[CFL] The DS-156, 156k, and 157 have been provided in both English and Chinese versions.

[CFL] you should fill GIV-24 in both English and Chinese. For question #7, I think just city and state should be good enough

[CFL] Fill out both forms 2 english and 2 chinese for DS-156 and DS-157. Make at total of 8 forms.

[CFL] Then at 4:30 the day before the intervew we were a set of forms short. A tip by one of the nurses sent us in a mad rush to the bank where we paid the visa fee and (I am not sure why) had extra blank DS-156 and DS-157 forms on hand.

[CFL] For #8 we filled out the name and address in English on the Chinese version of the DS157.

[9FAM] The Form DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiancé Visa Application, and the certification of legal capacity and intent to marry, which is contained therein, are both to be sworn to and signed before the consular officer.

I'll give answers based on what I have off my FAQ.. hope others will chime in and add/correct where needed.

Looks like you have covered everything quite completely.

The only thing I would add is to make sure you have all of the forms and proof of payment when you pick up your medical results. The clinic will place all of the forms into a packet for the embassy which you will turn in the next day. They will also give you the x-rays which they say to hand carry to the US, but no one ever seems to ask for them.

They will also give you the x-rays which they say to hand carry to the US, but no one ever seems to ask for them.

Murphy's Law requires that you misplace them.. and then at POE they will ask for them... :blink: :unsure:

seems to be a very busy guy, has his hands in almost everything. But dang, his rules have a habit of biting up in the behind when you least expect it.

I made a carry on pack. The x-rays and her immigration packet were the first into the carry on. You absolutely need to be careful with the packet Guangzhou gives you, POE will need it for your SO to enter.

I think that was $100.00 non refundable or 835RMB. At least we don't have to pay for the phone service to schedule the interview like some other visa classes.

I wonder if they would consider running a free of fees day or 2 for 1 at the consulate. I better not ask. They'd probably make it back by making odd calendar days double fee days. Then they'd quickly learn to only schedule interviews on odd days.

Since you're K-1 he will just have to pay the 830 (?) RMB fee. Sorry, I forgot the exact amount.

He will have a list of the banks that he can pay at in P3. Beware- he will have to wait a long time at the bank- they have a weird system where you have to take a number. There was only one person working when we were there- and like 10 people in front of us. It took at least an hour.

I wonder if it's 835 or 830 RMB. The long time at the bank is a sensible issue for me every time I visit China, as I used to be a branch manager at the largest bank in the island, and I just can't believe the slowness of the chinese banking system.