E-mailing GZ or calling DOS

Guess I'll sit down tonight and compose a gol letter to put onto the text portion to e-mail GZ. As I had said above, I only have used the pre-made question and a small text message, so I'll see how that works. Thanks for the suggestions. :) I had usually gotten resbonses back in a matter of hours, so we will see if this aproach causes a delay in responding.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fi nd if you call DOS enough times you will eventually get an informative person.  I just try to be a nice as pie and a play a little dumb.  It seems to work for me.  I was able to find out when name checks were done and when it was entered in the computer, and even a little about how they process the application.

Matt

Quite true. You just have to roll the dice and hope to get someone upbeat and helpful on the phone at DOS. Being nice as pie and even a little bit dumb does seem to elicit a little more willingness to help (if not pity) on the part of the DOS folks.

Zingaro,

Did you ever get a straight answer about the name check? It is alarming to me that such a thing can just be thrown to the wind like that. It sounds very similar to my experience with NVC that just one day went though out of the blue.

I am also planning on calling DOS in the morning, unfortunatly, I only can do that early because of work and being here on the left coast. I usually am not home until well after they close.

I fi nd if you call DOS enough times you will eventually get an informative person.  I just try to be a nice as pie and a play a little dumb.  It seems to work for me.  I was able to find out when name checks were done and when it was entered in the computer, and even a little about how they process the application.

Matt

Quite true. You just have to roll the dice and hope to get someone upbeat and helpful on the phone at DOS. Being nice as pie and even a little bit dumb does seem to elicit a little more willingness to help (if not pity) on the part of the DOS folks.

My strategy exactly. DOS has always been very helpful every time I called.

I email GZ only to register "present" and don't really expect any answers, although they have responded to my SO's inquiries quickly and provided good information. Has your SO tried emailing them?

Well, it's now later than any other time that I would have gotten a response from GZ. Maybe they are actually reading this one? :excl:

Is modesto near the coast? You'd better get out there in a few weeks and check for a bottle floating by...

Bottle? :o Usually, I have to chase down the pigeon with a net. :excl:

Littleturtle,

Would need to know the date in the upper right hand corner of your P3 letter to get a better guess, but based on current times, assuming they don't go backwards I have you on my chart of maybe 06/21/05 for the P4 and as early as 08/04/05 for Interview. But realistically, the current trend is not optimistic, and we wont know the next months trend for another couple of weeks.

Concerning name checks, clearly you can not get a P4 until the namecheck is done. We don't have that much data on the time it takes for this, but it appears to average between 80 to 100 days from when the P3 is entered into the Guz computer. I would say it is not time to fret yet, until all the others in your date group have been issued their P4, if at that time they say name check is still happening, I know I would be concerned. Right now we are still in the December /January P3 group. Perhaps others who have had this horrible experience and are past it can provide more information on this topic? Recent memory is CFL'ers Mari, Maui & China, and now Zingaro. I forget what happened to Da64, or if they just lost his papers.

We could come up with our version of survivor... the last person gets a visa of their choice....

Better would be fear factor. The one who can eat the most disgusting thing gets the visa.

But survivor would be like a 3 month competition... and you have to do things like "email GUZ everyday for a month"...

We could come up with our version of survivor... the last person gets a visa of their choice....

Better would be fear factor. The one who can eat the most disgusting thing gets the visa.

But survivor would be like a 3 month competition... and you have to do things like "email GUZ everyday for a month"...

You have a point, but then having to vote someone out of the running for the visa? That might get nasty.....wait a minute......that might be some good television. :P

Well, trying to use a different aproach und the subject of other, here is what I wrote,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this message. In trying to

understand this process, and keep track of this case, I have a couple

of

questions.

First, I would like to know the current status of the case, and has a

date

been set yet for the interview?

Also, is the any history of this case that you can provide for me?

I am interesten in knowing when the case had been entered into the

system,

as well as if, and when the name check had been completed.

This process, and the waiting without knowing what is currently

happening,

has been very hard for both Yunhe and myself. Any information you can

provide me would be very helpful.

Again, thank you for you help with these matters.

James *********

And their response after waiting an extra amount of time,

> Dear Mr. James *********,

>

Based on our current schedule, it appears that the interview will be in

approximately three months. We will notify the applicant once the

interview

date is set. Please wait for our information.

> To respond to this email, use only the web form at

www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html. E-mails sent via

"reply" will not be received. You can access limited case specific

information - confirm Visa Petition arrival at post and verify

interview

date - at the National Visa Information Call Center (a for fee

service).

See www.usavisainformation.com.cn/eng/index.aspx. Call Center # (China)

400-872-333 (International) 8621-3881-4611

>

Thank you for using the GuangzhouIV e-mail service. The Immigration

Visa

Unit tries to reply promptly to all inquiries. However, given the high

volume of mail we receive, sometimes our response can be delayed.

Please be

patient and wait for our reply before writing again. Also, please try

to

combine as many questions as possible into one e-mail.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

The Immigrant Visa Unit

Once again, they fail to impress me. Atleast the took the time to put my name on this canned response.