OMG are they kidding me???

Did I just walk into the Twilight Zone again??

Did everyone else file these same forms for Adjustment of Status or is this just another form induced bad dream??

I now need to fill out:

I-485 Adjustment of Status

G-325A Biometric Info (why do I have a feeling of deja vu with this one??)

copy of I797, NOA 2 (got lucky on this since I already have this one!)

I-864 Affidavit of Support (since they never looked at or collected the I 134)

I-693 Medical Exam (they want the opinion of an American doctor even though she just had a complete medical exam?!?)

And an optional

I-765 Employment Authorization form

Excuse me for venting but have you seen these forms and the instructions?

FOURTY ONE PAGES of forms and instructions!!!!!!!!!!!

Even without duplicating all of the information that was JUST submitted, these people are out of their friggin minds! I thought the govt was going to share info now so the right hand would know what the left hand is doing.

If I fill out the G-325A with info that is different from the first one, are they going to hold the two forms side by side to see if I am capable of filling out the same form twice, and then throw out one of the forms? Or will they just take the info from the second form and assume it's correct and take our word for it, and if that is the case, why did they have us waste our time filling out the first one? And where exactly is the first one? Sitting on a shelf labeled inportant while it collects dust?!?

And the second medical exam - it they find conflicting info on that one will they have us do a third medical exam as a tiebreaker?!?

There are 6 pages of instructions just for the I-485.

I'm sorry for venting, but some of these govt workers have had their head way too far up their wazoo for way too long.

All of this redundant BULLS$$T while thousands of undocumented Mexicans walk into the US every day of every year.

I think DHS really stands for Duplicate House of S$$T

Yeah,

Its a Sht load of additional work .... What Fei and I did is this: Get the checklist from your local INS office (even if you have to make an appointment ---- as you do now in Portland) with the checklist will come all of the forms you need. Then, fill out the forms, and all the pixs. and other requirements ---- such as seperate checks for each segment etc. and re submit it:

IN ORDER !!!

....with a photo copy of the checklist ----- and on top of that ----- in bold letters write this: DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED IN THE ORDER REQUESTED ON THE CHECK LIST.

I have to believe that helps expidite your process ---- Fei entered the US in December 04, and now has her approvial for the green card.. (although, should add: Portland has a track record for being fast...)

Thanks everyone!

I just saw the 41 page packet and freaked out.

The first part of the instructions (apparently a changed addendum) say if you're from any of these states (most of them are listed) mail your form to the Chicago lock box. And of course, CA wasn't one of the states listed and it wasn't until I looked through another 4 pages of instructions that I found a line telling you to file the papers at the service center with your juristriction!!!

OOPS. looks like I'm venting again. Sorry. I'll just wade through the crap again and see how much of it I can get through without reaching contradictory instructions . . . . . :angry:

I looked at the same thing today. I read the pages and there are like 8 pages of instructions for a medical exam, that my wife will not need since she had it before the K-1 interview. I hope that we can get the package off by the end of the week.

Dave

Thank you, Oh Wise Administrator!!:D I will send my forms to the Chicago Lock Box.

There is a blurb on the USCIS home page about Phase Two of the Direct Mail Program saying that CERTAIN apps will only be accepted at the Chicago Lockbox (this only applies to 3 forms, but you don't know that unless you follow the link).

BUT when you go to the forms page (which has the date next to the link for the I-485 as 4/22/05)

AND download the 41 page packet, they are still apparently on Phase One of the process! The first page of the 4/22 packet has the line:

EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2004, these 36 states send to lock box, others send to service center of your juristriction with nothing about Phase One or Phase Two.

So put simply, they have a new link dated 4/22/05 to a form dated 4/22/05, the first page of which is dated Dec 1, 2004 and is now old and incorrect.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I will send them an e-mail in an attempt to enlighten them on their outdated and incorrect info!!!

EDIT: Had to write them a letter - an e-mail would have been too easy!!!

I-864 Affidavit of Support (since they never looked at or collected the I 134)

I understand your pain, but let's use this one as an example.

I-864 means you are legally on the hook for 10 years or so. I -134 was a "promise".

Maybe you need to understand what you are obligating yourself too, or at least what the difference is.

No flame, ahgh never mind,, I piss off everyone when I speak up anyway.

It isn't as bad as it looks. Takes less than an hour. K1's DO NOT need another physical. You only need the I-693 vaccination supplement.

Thanks Trigg and everyone else!

Will she only need the Vaccine Supplement when applying for the green card, or does she need it for the AoS?

EDIT: Guess my question has been answered in this section! This Immigration Challenges section should be renamed Adjustment of Status Challenges!!

My soon to be wifey (week of the 23rd in Las Vegas) thinks she only needs the shots when she goes to get the green card, thanks to 001 - won't be too happy when I tell her she needs them for the AoS. Lucky for me though, we don't have a mop!!! :)

:unsure: :blink: :huh:

That G-325A thing kinda freaks me out. How many times do you have to tell the government your fiancee's/wife's story before they finally get tired of hearing it? I just wonder if any part of our government ever communicates with any other part of our government.

I just wonder if any part of our government ever communicates with any other part of our government.

The answer to that would be apparently not.

NEXT PHASE: I called about 8 Civil Surgeon's to ask them what shots would be needed (assuming that she hadn't had any previous ones) and got 8 different replies.

2 of them had no idea of what I was talking about but wanted to give me an apointment anyway

2 of them had never heard of getting the vaccines without the full exam

1 of them listed off about 6 vaccines that she MUST have at a cost of $400+

1 of them suggested that a blood test could determine which were needed or possibly eliminate some that were already given.

1 said she would probably just need a tetanus and would sign off on the rest

and the last one went down the list and eliminated the childhood and senior adult ones and the flu shot, which still left us with 5 vaccines.

Isn't it nice that our govt gives us a list of requirements without specific instructions on which ones are really required???

Maybe I'll just go with the nice lady who said to just get her a tetanus shot and Amy can swear to the doc's that she had chicken pox and measels vacinations (she does have the tell tale marks on her arm from her childhood vaccines but none of the doctors said they thought it would be ok) then if they want more during the AOS interview, we can go back and get more later if they can tell me which exact ones are definately needed.

GEEEEZZZZZZZZ