Having children in china

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with J. I think that while some people might initially regard mixed race children as interesting in China, they would have a much more difficult time as they grew older. I found a strong sense of prejudice against blacks when I was there whenever showing pictures of my daughter. The US is by far the most racially diverse and tolerant country on the planet in this regard (yes, I know we're not perfect, have experienced much prejudice as I have posted elsewhere). Brazil would be next on my list

Paul I agree with your observation. As I have often pointed out things are in transition. There are many changes since the 50's and 60's. The two biggest I think are the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the increased diversity in the United States.

It is not only changing in the U.S. but everywhere including China. At one time a girlfriend refused to marry me because she believed there would be no place for our children. I think her concern was similar to J's. Other people took chances and today there are places. There are few places where we would face the dangers of the 50's or 60's but they will probably always exist somewhere by someone. Whast is the norm is shifting and I think the shift is rapid.

I can't wait to see the world in 30 years, may I have the pleasure.