How can I get a visa?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to CFL...

The good news is that I am very happy to hear of your meeting someone and he will come to visit you. I hope that it is all you two dream of...

The bad news is that there is probably little to no chance you can get a visa. This has been discussed before on this board and some 'searches' can provide some background...

But it's very,very,very hard for a chinese lady to get a visa to visit the US. If you could show past visits out of the country, a very well paying job to come back to, some money in the bank which you would never leave behind... these are all items in your favor, but many report still not getting a visa.

Let us know any thoughts you have, we'll try to help... Others will probably give some thoughts..

Sorry to say it is not likely you would get a tourist visa to visit him here. You can do what those here have done and file a K visa. eitther marry there and do it as spouse or do the usually faster route and file as a fiance. It is taking about a year.

lg -

Welcome to candle first and foremost.

Sorry to say, the process is not as simple as going to the US embassy and getting a visa.

I have petitioned for a K1 visa for my fiancee in China. I know this procedure the best, so I will recomend that you and your boyfriend read up on the following websites:

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-outline.html

http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzho...u/iv/kvfaq.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1315.html

You can also go through this process by getting a K3 visa, which mean you and your boyfriend get married in China.

Be advised, that the process that about 12 months for a K1 generally, and about 18 months for a K3 generally. There are also CR1 and IR1 visas, I don't know much about those processes. Maybe someone else can inform you.

By the way, the only consolate that will issue you a visa for immigration purposes is Guangzhou.

Welcome to CFL,

I so wish it was that easy, there is so much that I don't want to overload you here. Unfortunatly, it is not that easy, but you have certainly come to the right place. I strongly reccomend you have your BF check us out here and ask many questions. You will not be able to just go down to the embassy to get a visa, but there will be a lot you can do to get this process started. First take lots of pictures together, and make sure he keeps every recipt and plane, train or bus ticket used while you are together. You can go to the embassy and get the forms to help get the visa started, and that could save some time. As you look around here, you can get an idea what it is going to take. We are here for you both and don't feel that any question is too small or unimportant.

I wish I could tell you that you will be able to return with him, but as thing are currently, he will have to start the process here in the states, and as you can see from the dates shown on my post as others, it will take some time.

Best wishes,

Jim & Yunhe

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I have got some idea of it now. I know it will not be easy. It seems that K1 is the better one, because it takes a shorter time, K3 is longer,right? And I have all the favourable conditions: I went out of china once, I have a good job in china, and also I have money in bank. So will that be easy for me to get a K1? Do I have to go to Guanzhou to get a K1? What is an immigration propose?_ I guess it is for people getting married in china? If we want to file as a fiance, what do we need to prepare?

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I have got some idea of it now. I know it will not be easy. It seems that K1 is the better one, because it takes a shorter time, K3 is longer,right? And I have all the favourable conditions:  I went out of china once, I have a good job in china, and also I have money in bank. So will that be easy for me to get a K1? Do I have to go to Guanzhou to get a K1? What is an immigration propose?_ I guess it is for people getting married in china? If we want to file as a fiance, what do we need to prepare?

Where does your bf live, in what state ?

There are a few Centers that process the visa, and their processing times differ , in the US stage. THen it goes to the embassy in Guangzhou .. and that takes the longest part.

I commented in my first reply thinking you wanted a [Tourist] visa NOW, to go to the US with him.. to go back and visit the US as part of his trip to see you. This is where it is next to impossible to get a TOURIST visa NOW... the outside visits, job and bank only relate to the tourist visa issues. Sorry to confuse you.

To get a visa to be with him forever, you'll need apply a k1 (faster) or k3 (married in china, but takes longer for unknown reasons).

Either one of them require paper work , and would have a packet put together and he would send to the appropriate Center in the US. They would review, approve and send to Guangzhou.

After another round of paperwork to collect after some waiting, you'll eventually get an interview date.... You must go to the interview and bring all the necessary papers and further proof of a continuing relationship...

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your replies. I have got some idea of it now. I know it will not be easy. It seems that K1 is the better one, because it takes a shorter time, K3 is longer,right? And I have all the favourable conditions:  I went out of china once, I have a good job in china, and also I have money in bank. So will that be easy for me to get a K1? Do I have to go to Guanzhou to get a K1? What is an immigration propose?_ I guess it is for people getting married in china? If we want to file as a fiance, what do we need to prepare?

The things you mentioned, would be a good start for a visa to visit here. They still might be difficult because of you having a BF, they would think you intend to stay. K1 is thought of as a non-immigrant visa, but is still processed like the immigrant one because it implies you plan to marry and stay in the US. If you go to the embassy, I believe you can get the I-129 form that will have insructions on what is needed to file which would include pictures, a biographic form for you and for him. and a letter telling of your intentions to get married. As you look at them, I'm sure you will have questions, we all did. :rolleyes: K1 does seem to be a little faster, and might be easier if he would not be prepared to marry you in China. If that (K3) is a path you would like to investigate, others here are involved with that and would know better about what you need to do.

lg --

I think you are confused a little bit.

K1 is the fiancee visa, to come her to the US to marry. You have 90 days once in the states to Marry your boyfriend. I

K3 is the marriage based visa, your boyfriend and you ger married in China.

There are also tourist visas, which you do need the equivlant of $8000 in USD in the Bank. You also need at very good job -- like upper management, very strong family ties, and property in China to get

If you want to immigrate here then you will want K1 or K3. You don't need any money in the bank, but your boyfriend will. He will need to show he can support you. You get this at the consulate in Guangzhou

If you just want to visit, then you want the tourist visa. However, my fiancee has a friend that tried this. She failed 3 times, even though she has her own business, and lots of money in the bank, ect. I think you can get a tourist visa at any consulate in China.

To file for the K1 visa. Your boyfriend needs to visit you at least once. He needs to take lots of pictures with you and he in them. It is a good idea to get family members to pose with you two as well. Also, he needs to keep all plane tickets, train tickets, or any kind of receipt basically.

Once he is back in the USA, he will need to file the I-129F to his Service center. You might want him to take a look at the websites I mentioned in my previous post. He can find lots of good information at those websites.

By the way, he will need a visa from the Chinese consulate to see you.

Thanks your guys. I still have many questions as:

1. Cant I download the form or biography forms from internet? Or must I go to Guanzhou or Beijing to get the form?

2. How to store emails? Have I to print them or just store in the email box?

Thanks

lg