Transportation between consulate and airport

Since I will not be able to accompany my wife to go to GZ for her interview,

I just want to make sure everyting will go well during her trip. One thing

comes up to my mind is the transportation from BaiYun airport to the

consulate. Someone mentioned that the taxi service in GZ is not "reliable,"

could anyone who has been there(or not) give me some suggestions,

please? Thks

At the airport she will be able to see a lot of different choices for buses that will take her to different parts of the city. The routes are marked very clearly on signs, she should have no problem. She can buy the ticket on the bus- it shouldn't be more than 30 RMB. The buses stop at major hotels.

We took a bus into the city and then took a taxi from there- much cheaper.

Otherwise, we had no problems with the taxi services being reliable inside the city.

At the airport she will be able to see a lot of different choices for buses that will take her to different parts of the city. The routes are marked very clearly on signs, she should have no problem. She can buy the ticket on the bus- it shouldn't be more than 30 RMB. The buses stop at major hotels.

We took a bus into the city and then took a taxi from there- much cheaper.

Otherwise, we had no problems with the taxi services being reliable inside the city.

And soon we're talking a new location.. new hotels, new routes ?

But your thinking, information is basic to either location...

Take the Airporter (bus) into the city... Even if your hotel isn't on the direct route, it will be much, much cheaper than a taxi ... (be sure to pick up several free bottles of water from the bin at the mid-door exit, it is often hours before check-in)

My Fei, lived in GZ for over ten years before I "rescued" her ( :D )

--- and she was constantly at war with GZ taxi drivers ---- Very hard on them! ---- I also saw why independently in several trips before I met her.... My suggestion is that you limit your exposure to taxis by taking other transportation when possible..

Does anybody know the new area/ location and therefore the new hotels in the area?  And how about new potential hang outs while the SO is in the interview? 

I'm not sure how far the move will be and if the existing sites are still recommended...

The consulate will move to Tianhe district, close to the GZ east railway station (east terminal of subway line1). There are quite a few hotels and fancy restaurants nearby. I can recommend some when I get info about the exact venue.