INS processing

Guest aosnow

Guest aosnow

we filed for aos and ead at about the same time. The case status website says ead takes up to 90 days and aos takes about 8 months. we just got a letter scheduling out aos interview for mid-may and the ead still isn't done. Soon, we won't even need the ead! Go figure.

Guest aosnow

the case status website is wrong about aos (in reality it is 2 to 3 mos faster than posted) and the ead processing is also wrong (2 to 3 months slower), even though this is only an ead renewal.

even if we get the ead tomorrow, it will be obviated in (perhaps) one month when we receive the conditional status card.

Just an example of the left hand having no idea of what the right hand is doing.

Reminds me of a 'case study' in psychology class many years ago... whatever that 'bridge' between the brains two halves (hemispheres), was severed in tests to see if seizures would stop.

Well, they discovered that they had cut the communication between the sides of the brain and literally, the right hand did not know what the left hand was doing. One subject was video'ed as pulling up his pants with one hand and trying to take off his pants with the other !!

corpus colostrum (sp)

I once treated a six year old girl who was diagnosed as being mildly mentally retarded due to damage of the corpus colosterum. She could do math withe r right hand and write with her left at the same time. She could also, write one story with her left hand and the other with her right hand at the same time. Fascinating stuff. I'm guessing she was much more efficient than many of our government agencies are.

I wasted money on the AP and the EAD renewal since my wife's AOS interview was 1 month prior to getting the AP and the EAD.  That is a lot of money.

For those of us less informed on this part of the process, can you explain a little more?

My wife's second AOS interview was on Nov 3, 2004. She failed the first one on 3/25/04 (need interpreter). Her original EAD was expired on Sept 9, 2004 (it is good for one year). On August 1, 2004, I efiled the EAD renewal. I thought it would take only 1 month to get it. Actually, they want you to file 6 months prior to the expiration date. At that time my wife also wanted to go back to China for visit. Since I heard from a few members that they had to wait for 6 months (name check) after the successful AOS interview to get the temp green card, so I filed AP on August 8, 2004 just in case my wife has to go thru the same name check. On Nov 3, 2004, my wife passed the AOS interview and the VO stamped her passport and the temp green card was mailed to her a few weeks later. With the temp green card, she didn't need the EAD for work and the AP for travelling out of the country. The EAD and the AP did come a few weeks later. So I wasted ~$325. Maybe they did the name check from the first AOS interview time to the second interview.

Conclusion:

You don't really know when you will get the temp green card. So you must pay money to get EAD and AP.

we had the "Fast AOS" 90 days to get GC.............................ummmmm it is well past 90 days an still waiting it looks from the website they are 1 year behind here in Dallas area which used to have it in 6 months before the fast AOS started. we at least got EAD fast only cause they could not finish in the 90 days.

corpus colostrum (sp) 

I once treated a six year old girl who was diagnosed as being mildly mentally retarded due to damage of the corpus colosterum. She could do math withe r right hand and write with her left at the same time. She could also, write one story with her left hand and the other with her right hand at the same time. Fascinating stuff.  I'm guessing she was much more efficient than many of our government agencies are.

That's a perfect case of where the right brain knows what the left is doing.

To bad it don't happen more often---then people could drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time...

corpus colostrum (sp)  

I once treated a six year old girl who was diagnosed as being mildly mentally retarded due to damage of the corpus colosterum. She could do math withe r right hand and write with her left at the same time. She could also, write one story with her left hand and the other with her right hand at the same time. Fascinating stuff.  I'm guessing she was much more efficient than many of our government agencies are.

That's a perfect case of where the right brain knows what the left is doing.

To bad it don't happen more often---then people could drive and talk on the cell phone at the same time...

Yup, or in some cases drive and drive at the same time!

• 2 weeks later...