Although I just registered as a member today, I have been coming to this site for awhile now. I think CFL is definitely a great place for people who are bringing their SOs from China to US. I have obtained many useful knowledge concerning the visa process from reading the posts here. So, I want to say thank you all for the information. Wish all CFL members a wonderful and happy new life with your SOs.

Joe :) :P :blink:

Joe:

Good luck to the both of you !!!!

I see you are going the CR-1 route also, like a growing number of us at CFL. Your wife is a little ahead (about six weeks) of my wife in the timeline.

How did you find out her case was entered into Guangzhou's system and the name-check was initiated ???

Mark

"I see you are going the CR-1 route also, like a growing number of us at CFL. Your wife is a little ahead (about six weeks) of my wife in the timeline."

Mark, looks like we are in pretty similar situation. Should keep in touch. By the way, has your wife ever complained to you that this visa thing is taking too long? My wife and I are becoming increasingly frustrated with the fact that our estimated interview date keeps moving back. :lol:

"How did you find out her case was entered into Guangzhou's system and the name-check was initiated ???"

After I found out that our package has cleared custom, I have been sending emails to GZ requesting status of our case on a weekly basis. They provided these information in their responses to my inquiries.

Joe:

I will try to keep in touch.

You are correct, my wife been complaining from the beginning. She cannot understand why the US Government will not give her a visa soon.

She compares timing to:

1. How long it takes me to receive a Chinese Visa.

2. How long a number of her friends receive "LPR" status in Canada (not sure of the proper term).

Also, last year (before we started the CR-1 process) when we naively thought she could obtain a tourist visa to visit my family in the USA, her hope was not realized. She called the US Embassy in Beijing and they said no way, she told them we would marry later in the year and apply for the CR-1.

She does not understand why the US Government is being so mean to her. And I am a US citizen, should this not help !!!!

She is finally resigned to fact that it will take 13 - 15 months. Now I think it will be on the short end of the estimate, the process has accelerated since the beginning of 2004.

Mark

Hi guys,

I am a chinese wife with an american husband. Yes I have benn complaining from begining about getting visa. Sometimes I do think why my husband is an american, as long as he were not an american, visa process would not be so complicated and longer. I have a chinese girlfriend who married a canadian, and she applied for visa in Nov. last year, and she got her visa on March 1th,2005. Right now she is in canada. I also applied for visa in Nov. last year, but I am still waiting for my interview bill. now I really cant understand the US and Canada is very close, and social system is similar, but why it is too hard to get the US visa?

Another thing I complained a lot is why marriage visa is longer than fiancee visa. American government also focus on humen rights. Does your government know making a couple sepereated long time is against humen rights? I am also sorry to find some couples here divorced before their partner get visa. Marriage life need two person work out together. Even two person live together everyday, with time going, they will have some problems, let alone us couples being so far away. I think if those couples lived together everyday, maybe they would not divorce at all.

My husband always had wanted to find a chinese wife before he knew me, so he checked visa information. He knew marriage visa is much longer than fiancee visa. When I complained visa waiting, he alway said in his mind he has to wait for 2 years, but right now things smooths quicker than he thought, so he is happy for it. He told me he is a patient men B) I think probably because he is fishman :) My husband once loved fishing more than anything, but right now I am his fish because he loved me more than anything. :D He didnt go fishing for 6 months untill yesterday. Tomorrow He will be in fishing tournament. Good luck to you my sweet husband.

Since I knew 001 and chated to some ladys there, I am addicted to voice chat there. It is a good way to kill the time as long as you are not afraid getting fat :P I go to gym instead of chatting now. I want to be more attractive to my husband :P even though he always said I am a pretty woman. Is chinese woman pretty in every american's eyes? :P

I am studying how to be patient. Maybe you guys can give me suggestion?

good luck to all you

:)

It is a good way to kill the time as long as you are not afraid getting fat :P  I go to gym instead of chatting now. I want to be more attractive to my husband :ph34r: even though he always said I am a pretty woman.  Is chinese woman pretty in every american's eyes? :P

I am studying how to be patient. Maybe you guys can give me suggestion?

good luck to all you

:)

ni hao!

the chinese are the most beautiful race in the world ! :P

You sound quite patient, I think we should be learning from you ... I talk to Zixuan every day. Some days just chat and some days with audio and video. I try not to think of the process too much. Some days I am sad, but I don't blame the process. I miss her and know that the process will bring us together.

I'm glad you are here writing.. it would be nice to see more from 001 come to discuss these issues... 88

Joe:

I will try to keep in touch.

You are correct, my wife been complaining from the beginning.  She cannot understand why the US Government will not give her a visa soon.

She compares timing to:

1.   How long it takes me to receive a Chinese Visa.

2.   How long a number of her friends receive "LPR" status in Canada (not sure of the proper term).

Also, last year (before we started the CR-1 process) when we naively thought she could obtain a tourist visa to visit my family in the USA, her hope was not realized.  She called the US Embassy in Beijing and they said no way, she told them we would marry later in the year and apply for the CR-1.

She does not understand why the US Government is being so mean to her.  And I am a US citizen, should this not help !!!!

She is finally resigned to fact that it will take 13 - 15 months.  Now I think it will be on the short end of the estimate, the process has accelerated since the beginning of 2004.

Mark

I completely understand how you feel. Before we got married in April 2004, I was told that the K-3 visa will only take 5 months to process and that my wife will be here with me in the US in no time. Then I found out that because she is in China, the typical process time is actually 9-10 months. Then we found out that our I-130 was approved before K3 so we decided to pursue I-130 instead. It has now been almost one year since I filed the visa application and I'm guessing that it will be at least 3 more months before she gets her interview.

Fortunately, my wife does understand that it takes a long time for her to get the visa because she has been visiting the 001 site and realize that every CR1 cases there are taking just as long. However, we still miss each other tremendously. We have been encouraging each other to be strong and patient and find comfort in the fact that we will eventually be together, but we cannot help feeling frustrated and depressed from time to time. This has truly been a long antagonizing wait.

Hi men,

Thanks all for your response. Yes, I totally understand how hard we are dealing with visa issue :( but we all know our waiting will be worthwhile because we married a wonderful person

:(

My husband is very sweet guy and loves me with his heart. I have to admit that I am a very spoiled woman and demanding sometimes. :P I need all his attention like a baby girl. I am sorry almost every month( because of my period) I gave my husband hard time. Luckly he can understand me and tried his best to comfort me. I have bad temper, so does my husband. Sometime we had arguments badly. I chated to some ladys on 001 and was very surprised to find they never had argument or quarrels with their fiances or husbands. I think it is abnormal. Maybe because their english is not good enough? or they just want to please their men all times? :lol:

Another question is why american guys focus on love equality? My husband always said we need be equal, but when I first knew him I told him I need his love more because I am his woman :( Women is weak somehow and need her men more love and attention. Now my love deal with my husband is 60%---40%---60% that means he loves me 60%, I love him 40% and then I will give him another 60% in return. see our love is 120% now :(

My husband seems very patriotic. I like Lancom facial lotions, but he always asked me to find another brand lotions, because he said French betrayed american in both world wars, and he doesn't like french at all. :( very very stubborn guy. He told me he never drive French cars, not becuase cars quality is not good, just because they have French brands. I tried american brand lotions he bought me, but it didnt work well. Every time I had to spend long time asking him to buy lancome for me :( Finally he got what I want but he always said he did it just for me even though he didnt like to do it. How about you guys here? :(