Ordered IRS documents

This should be quick. :rolleyes:

3 weeks ago I sent off the form to order tax record transcripts from the IRS. Now I do understand that doing this in April doesn't help, but how long should I give these people. I just don't want to panic if Jen gets her P4. Does anyone know if this can be followed up? Shoot, I sent the thing to the offices in Fresno. If I had to, I could go there in person if it would help. :unsure:

Of course, now that I asked this, it will show up in tomorrow's mail. <_<

Thanks for the input,

It is helpful in knowing that I could possibly get no response from them at all. :rolleyes: I can make sure Jen will have my most recent return and w-2's, but since I had a combo of turbo tax, laziness, and computer crashes, I don't have copies of returns for other years. <_<

Let's hope those nice nice folks at the IRS is actually going to get that to me soon. :unsure:

Thanks for the input,

It is helpful in knowing that I could possibly get no response from them at all. :rolleyes:  I can make sure Jen will have my most recent return and w-2's, but since I had a combo of turbo tax, laziness, and computer crashes, I don't have copies of returns for other years. <_<

Let's hope those nice nice folks at the IRS is actually going to get that to me soon. :unsure:

I paid a service to get them to me the next day.. Then I could of sworn I read that you can get them for free... is that what you're doing?

Yes,

If you check the IRS website, they had a form that would let you order up to 4 transcripts for free. It said it takes 10 business days or they also had a number to call to order the same thing. I knew I should have called. I'm curious, did you get them next day as promised? If push comes to shove, I'd gladly pay for the piece of mind that I have them here instead of having to wait on another beaurocat.

Yes,

If you check the IRS website, they had a form that would let you order up to 4 transcripts for free. It said it takes 10 business days or they also had a number to call to order the same thing. I knew I should have called. I'm curious, did you get them next day as promised? If push comes to shove, I'd gladly pay for the piece of mind that I have them here instead of having to wait on another beaurocat.

Yes, I got them in email...