AOS process.....haven't I been here before

It has been 22 days since Ying and I have been married. Reluctantly getting started with the AOS paper work now. To me this seems like a repeat performance of the K-1 Visa. They are asking for the same information and documents while dipping into my pockets again. Is there a legitimate explanation for this time consuming and expensive venture?

I thought the nine months of craziness with the K-1 Visa was a little bit much, but now this seems a little ridiculous. Of course, I will follow the program because there is no choice.

Can anybody make me feel better about this?

Ken

:blink: :blink:

You have entered the department of redundancy department. Yup, same stuff you filled out for the I-129f then again for the P4 and now for the I-485--BUT WAIT, there's more. They sent us notice of AOS interview and the form letter said to bring the I-864 and birth certs and marriage certs and W2s and tax returnes etc etc etc. I called UCIS and asked them if this was correct that i have to bring all the things to Memphis for the I-485 interview that I had jsut sent to Memphis for the I-485 interview-yup I do. And I have to bring proof that she is a K1 so i don't need an I-163,

Go figure??

You have entered the department of redundancy department. Yup, same stuff you filled out for the I-129f then again for the P4 and now for the I-485--BUT WAIT, there's more. They sent us notice of AOS interview and the form letter said to bring the I-864 and birth certs and marriage certs and W2s and tax returnes etc etc etc. I called UCIS and asked them if this was correct that i have to bring all the things to Memphis for the I-485 interview that I had jsut sent to Memphis for the I-485 interview-yup I do. And I have to bring proof that she is a K1 so i don't need an I-163,

Go figure??

I brought all that stuff to my AOS interview and the lady asked me what I brought it for. They only wonted to see me drivers license. I got to do this twice.. once for my wife and two weeks later for the son (18). Two differant people.. one--hardily any questions the second--many many questions. In the end--we got approved for both of them... They stamp there passport with a temp green card till the real one shoes up in the mail. This works like a work permit Im guessing..