Posting issues

Everyone,

I would like to address a major concern. I received several emails complaining about arguments that stemmed from the Lassitude Lounge and I am writing to address those.

I do not know what happened.

I do not have time to be involved and to micromanage every discussion that goes on. Believe it or not, I do have a job and I do have to work.

However, when I am getting accusations of intimidation, I do have to get involved.

First, the issue of posting people's email. This is not permitted, other than your own email, and this is advised against as well. Is there still an instance of someone's email posted on any discussion thread? I would hope this would have been deleted by now.

If it is still on Candle, I am asking the community to let me know and I will delete it immediately and apologize to the person's email who was posted.

Second, the Lassitude Lounge. I had concerns about the RR a while back, and we eventually had to delete it. I am starting to think perhaps Candle is not a place for full-out political / random debate.

This will be reviewed this evening when I get home. I am at work and do not have time to deal with this right now.

Thanks,

P.J.

While you have heard many things, they are first and foremost accusations which are incorrect. Secondly they were made by a known trouble maker who has been booted from candle more than once and this person's idenity has been varified. Thirdly this person posted a PM from the mod to him in a public forum.

While I questioned this person in this forum repeatedly it was his choice to answer. While we have taken the time to apoligize for this behavior and will not let it happen again we would ask that people of questionable intent be removed at our request so that there will be no future need for such displays.

Mark

I just posted this response in LL and want to make sure it is seen so I copied and posted here. I apologize for the redundancy, but I wanted to make sure this is seen.

I agree with Robert that a lot of the problem posts originated in other forums and have been deposited here in LL. Also has been the overt antagonizing of members by very few and trying to bait ressponces, afterwards to claim he/she is supplying "balance". This in and of itself I don't take offence to but rather this same person as well as a very small group of others that has lashed out against new members with questions just because it gives them the chance to fly in the face of the "oldtimers" or someone in general they just don't seem to like. This has resulted in a few ladies who felt they needed to come here and ask questions or share their joys or pains with us, only to be ridiculed or confused by the response they recieve.

I had told Jennifer about CFL and have encouraged her to come and take a look around.(please tell me that was and is a good idea) I know that if I had found out that she had been attacked here either directly or indirectly that person would have a lot to answer to. I don't see a need to call anyone out, but then the above cases, the parties involed are well aware of who they are and what they are doing. My best suggestion to them is play nice or leave.