Interview experience

My interview went well and pretty quickly although I was given a blue slip due to CCP, which was predicted.

Here are the questions she (the visa officer) asked:

1) Do you speak English? (Yes)

2) When did you meet your husband? (2005)

3) When were you married? (2008) Is it your first marriage? (Yes, both of us). Show me original marriage certificate. (Hand in). She took a serious look at the certificate and returned it to me.

4) What did you do when you were in USA? (I worked and studied in USA before)

5) Do you two have a baby? (Yes)

6) Are you a CCP member? (Yes, hand in statements from me and my husband, and she took them). Do you have resume? (Hand in) She looked but did not take it and she said they need more information and further processing.

7) I asked how long it takes. She said a couple of weeks, depends on cases.

No pictures, emails and other documents were asked. Here is my question: They ask for "degree to which you accept(ed) the structure, goals, methods, and practices of the party". Should I answer it generally or need to address it specifically to each item? Thank you.

Edited by xiaozhu (see edit history)

Sounds like a painless interview, strong bonafide relationship, only the added processing needed due to CCP, should be an easy approval.

You've been married for three years and you guys have a child? Yeah, I'm w/ the sliding pandas on this one - this should be pretty easy

Here is my question: They ask for "degree to which you accept(ed) the structure, goals, methods, and practices of the party". Should I answer it generally or need to address it specifically to each item? Thank you.

Is that what they wrote on the blue slip? Did they accept your letter as the response to the blue slip or do you need to write something else back to them? Your letter should be addressing this question (about not subscribing to the views of the party, nor having any leadership positions). If they need this further clarification, you are going to have to send in the letter again with more direct response to that question I guess. I would imagine stating that you don't subscribe to theses things nor did you have any leadership positions reflecting any acceptance should be sufficient. Unfortunately this adds to the delay if you have to send something more in. It would have helped if you asked them at the time if the letter you are providing addresses this question so they could start the security check.

Unless things have changed dramatically, the process is more than a couple weeks, usually now about 3-4 months, after they receive and process your response.

Lee

Is that what they wrote on the blue slip? Did they accept your letter as the response to the blue slip or do you need to write something else back to them? Your letter should be addressing this question (about not subscribing to the views of the party, nor having any leadership positions). If they need this further clarification, you are going to have to send in the letter again with more direct response to that question I guess. I would imagine stating that you don't subscribe to theses things nor did you have any leadership positions reflecting any acceptance should be sufficient. Unfortunately this adds to the delay if you have to send something more in. It would have helped if you asked them at the time if the letter you are providing addresses this question so they could start the security check.

Unless things have changed dramatically, the process is more than a couple weeks, usually now about 3-4 months, after they receive and process your response.

Lee

Thank you, Lee. It was addressed in the statement. In fact at the interview the officer (she) just browsed our statement (she took it) and my resume (she did not take it), and gave me a sheet of the information they want. She said ours may already cover some questions or may not. If not, send additional information in. I was not sure if the submitted statement at interview covers all they want from their standpoint, so I kind of re-answering questions along with my more detailed resume and sent to them after my interview. Hope it is sufficient.

Yes, from you and others, I know it usually takes >=three months. But I did ask her this at the interview. Wish the AP could go as she said or she maybe just wants to give me a comfort. Should I inquire them a month since now?

Yes, from you and others, I know it usually takes >=three months. But I did ask her this at the interview. Wish the AP could go as she said or she maybe just wants to give me a comfort. Should I inquire them a month since now?

Yes, best way to track at at this point is through the NVC call in line in the U.S.. Probably call once a month and get the standard "AP" response but eventually you will hear when they send out the call-in letter but they will have no more information than that. I suspect they can see the status of the SAO check (and whether it is in the state depts hands in DC or at the consulate) but they never will reveal that status as it is a "security" check.

The VO may be referring to some SAOs that typically take 2 weeks. This one though is a different kind that takes longer, unfortunately. I think when we got held up a 2nd time after we got the pink slip was for another of the short checks since she had been in the U.S. again since the last check was done.

Lee

Yes, best way to track at at this point is through the NVC call in line in the U.S.. Probably call once a month and get the standard "AP" response but eventually you will hear when they send out the call-in letter but they will have no more information than that. I suspect they can see the status of the SAO check (and whether it is in the state depts hands in DC or at the consulate) but they never will reveal that status as it is a "security" check.

The VO may be referring to some SAOs that typically take 2 weeks. This one though is a different kind that takes longer, unfortunately. I think when we got held up a 2nd time after we got the pink slip was for another of the short checks since she had been in the U.S. again since the last check was done.

Lee

Thank you, Lee. I will let my husband keep track with NVC. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Want to update my case.

I received a Call-in-letter from Guangzhou on May 7, saying my visa is approved and hand-in my passport any Monday and Wednesday from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. It takes 57 days since my interview!! I flew to Guangzhou on May 8 (Mother's Day) and turned my passport in on May 9. Now wait for passport with visa package which will be mailed to me.

I and my husband are making plans. He will come over Beijing to pick up me and the baby.

Thanks for all helps and best wish to you all with quick and happy visa journey!!

Want to update my case.

I received a Call-in-letter from Guangzhou on May 7, saying my visa is approved and hand-in my passport any Monday and Wednesday from 12:30pm to 2:30pm. It takes 57 days since my interview!! I flew to Guangzhou on May 8 (Mother's Day) and turned my passport in on May 9. Now wait for passport with visa package which will be mailed to me.

I and my husband are making plans. He will come over Beijing to pick up me and the baby.

Thanks for all helps and best wish to you all with quick and happy visa journey!!

Congrats, glad you were able to get over your hurdle. I hope you 3 have very good life as a family.