Visa Question

Hi all,

My Fiancee recently passed and got her Visa. We want to know if we go to Hong Kong to take our Flight to USA, does she have to fill out paper work to get a Visa to cross into Hong Kong? Also, does she have to immediately fly to US or can we stay in HK for like a week or so?

Thanks

Vinny

Hi all,

My Fiancee recently passed and got her Visa. We want to know if we go to Hong Kong to take our Flight to USA, does she have to fill out paper work to get a Visa to cross into Hong Kong? Also, does she have to immediately fly to US or can we stay in HK for like a week or so?

Thanks

Vinny

Remember reading in another post that if you have a visa and ticket to fly to the US you do not need a permit to enter HK.

Not sure if you need permit to spend time there but those are pretty easy to get.

We did this. My wife had already used up her entrance to HK a few months before. We took a private van over the border. The Chinese side had no issue with her crossing. The HK side looked at her US Visa and the E-Tickets. The HK customs official in the booth couldn't make the decision himself so someone came out and got us and brought us into an interview room for about 20 minutes or so. They asked a couple of brief questions, were satisfied with the US visa and E Tickets and let us through. Most of the others being interviewed were pregnant women since HK doesn't want mainlanders coming and having babies there.

A week seems reasonable to me, but hard to say. We were just staying the night at the airport hotel.

Hi all,

Thanks

Vinny

Piece of cake. No paperwork needed.

Chinese Mainland citizens holding foreign visa and tickets from/to Hong Kong International are allowed to enter and stay for up to 7 days each way without a Hong Kong visa or entry permit. US Citizens are allowed up to 30 days without visa. US Greencard holders must follow rules from country of their passport. So in the case of our spouses, this is 7 days.

We did this back in 2007. This made the trip much more enjoyable than going through Guangzhou. Domestic flights to Nanning were easy as there is shuttle service to/from Shenzen Airport. We only spent the night, but still a very interesting place. Would like to go back sometime and spend a few more days.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

No transit visa needed to enter HK, the K-1 visa will allow entry to HK as long as you have tickets for travel to the USA within I believe 7 days.

National China (People's Rep.) (CN); Transit Hong Kong (SAR China) (HK); Destination U.S.A. (US)

ALSO CHECK DESTINATION INFORMATION BELOW

Hong Kong (SAR China) (HK)

Visa required, except for Holders of Hong Kong (SAR China)

passports; Or: Visa required, except for Holders of "Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macao" (EEP); provided

containing exit endorsement issued by Public Security Bureau

Office in Mainland China; Or: Visa required, except for A stay of max. 7 days:

- for nationals of China (People's Rep.) (not holding Special Administrative Region passports) traveling to a third destination. Or:

- for holders of a Macao (SAR China) passport or a Macao (SAR China) Travel Permit provided holding a valid Macao (SAR China) Identity Card. Or:

TWOV (Transit Without Visa):

Visa required, except for Nationals of China (People's Rep.) transiting in Hong Kong for a stay of max. 7 days, provided travelling to a third destination. A return ticket is not required if the onward destination is China (People's Rep.) or Macao within 7 days.

Additional Information:

- All visitors must hold:

- onward or return tickets, except when in transit to either mainland China (People's Rep.) or Macao (SAR China);

- all documents required for next destination and sufficient funds to cover their stay in Hong Kong.

Warning:

- Passengers arriving without the required documents or with ncomplete or expired documents,

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations...rt_information/