observations on interview day pt 2

The first applicants should start coming down at 9:30. i believe they are non-immigrant applicants. You will know when they start coming down because the Vultures will start yelling in Chinese "The exit is this way."

The escalator is cordoned off at a point about 10 feet away with one consulate guard there. there is then an area about 5 yards by 10 yards outside the cordoned area to which the applicants will exit. They can go left or straight. The Vultures, who work at the various Visa scam stores will start yelling for the fresh meat that the exit is in their individual direction. Once they get the applicant to come there way they glue themselves to the applicant's side and ask about the visa and start their shpeil.IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT ACCOMPANY YOUR S.O. WARN HER ABOUT THESE PEOPLE. IF YOU TAKE NOTHING ELSE FROM THIS TOME OF AN EMAIL TAKE THAT POINT. sorry for the caps. One recommendation for an unaccompanied SO would be for her to sit down and have, or pretend to have a drink in the cafe. The one of the open sides of the cafe boards the Vulture no-fly zone so she could get into there without effort.

One amusing aspect is that the vultures get progressively louder the more indecision is shown.

You will find the Vultures helpful in one way. They bark at anyone exiting so you will condition yourself to look up only when they start barking to see if your SO has emerged.

It is my belief from seeing who was carrying blue slips (they are actually letter sized) and red slips of success that you should hope that your SO does not come out right away. for the first 30 minutes one hour there seemed to be only blue slips. My guess is that they look over the initial papers that are given. If there are any problems they see these people first. Perhaps to give them more time for overcomes.

So my mantra that day--I kept telling my future Mother-in-law--

"Later is Better"

This sounds like when you tell a bride "Rain on a wedding day is good luck" cuz what else are you really going to say.

Anyway. I was one of the last people waiting. around 10:30 many more Red slips were coming out. I put them at about 40-50% on the day.

Probably my final note was that I met or so 5 non-Asian LaoGongs waiting. I sat at a table with 2 of them. One left before I sat with them--he slipped on blue. One sat in the distance and I do not know what happened in his case, and I saw one in the first floor restaurant with the Chinese family looking unhappy at 12:45.

Of the first 3 that I have some concrete information they all blued it. One had sent in the i-134 with the early paper work, but it was not with the paperwork the VO had. One had his father's affadavit of support, but did not have the most recent tax form--just the W2....blue slipped. [he had also forgot to sign the I-134] the last man's SO came out literally 2 steps infront of my SO. I could tell she had been blue slipped, but did not get the details because by the time I was done hugging my SO they had left the area.

Moral of the story is get all of the paperwork in the same exact anal way that they demand.

Good luck all

The first applicants should start coming down at 9:30.  i believe they are non-immigrant applicants.  You will know when they start coming down because the Vultures will start yelling in Chinese "The exit is this way."

The escalator is cordoned off at a point about 10 feet away with one consulate guard there.  there is then an area about 5 yards by 10 yards outside the cordoned area to which the applicants will exit.  They can go left or straight.  The Vultures, who work at the various Visa scam stores will start yelling for the fresh meat that the exit is in their individual direction. Once they get the applicant to come there way they glue themselves to the applicant's side and ask about the visa and start their shpeil.IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT ACCOMPANY YOUR S.O. WARN HER ABOUT THESE PEOPLE.  IF YOU TAKE NOTHING ELSE FROM THIS TOME OF AN EMAIL TAKE THAT POINT.  sorry for the caps.  One recommendation for an unaccompanied SO would be for her to sit down and have, or pretend to have a drink in the cafe.  The one of the open sides of the cafe boards the Vulture no-fly zone so she could get into there without effort. 

One amusing aspect is that the vultures get progressively louder the more indecision is shown. 

You will find the Vultures helpful in one way.  They bark at anyone exiting so you will condition yourself to look up only when they start barking to see if your SO has emerged.

It is my belief from seeing who was carrying blue slips (they are actually letter sized) and red slips of success  that you should hope that your SO does not come out right away.  for the first 30 minutes one hour there seemed to be only blue slips.  My guess is that they look over the initial papers that are given.  If there are any problems they see these people first.  Perhaps to give them more time for overcomes.

So my mantra that day--I kept telling my future Mother-in-law--

"Later is Better"

This sounds like when you tell a bride "Rain on a wedding day is good luck"  cuz what else are you really going to say.

Anyway.  I was one of the last people waiting.  around 10:30 many more Red slips were coming out.  I put them at about 40-50% on the day.

Probably my final note was that I met or so 5 non-Asian LaoGongs waiting.  I sat at a table with 2 of them.  One left before I sat with them--he slipped on blue.  One sat in the distance and I do not know what happened in his case, and I saw one in the first floor restaurant with the Chinese family looking unhappy at 12:45.

Of the first 3 that I have some concrete information they all blued it.  One had sent in the i-134 with the early paper work, but it was not with the paperwork the VO had.  One had his father's affadavit of support, but did not have the most recent tax form--just the W2....blue slipped. [he had also forgot to sign the I-134] the last man's SO came out literally 2 steps infront of my SO.  I could tell she had been blue slipped, but did not get the details because by the time I was done hugging my SO they had left the area.

Moral of the story is get all of the paperwork in the same exact anal way that they demand. 

Good luck all

235139[/snapback]

Very good information and email .. Thank You !!!