I-129F relationship letter

Since the VO spent most of her time looking at the letters we initially wrote for the I-129F application (K1 visa), we feel that this was the most important piece of paperwork that led to Jie's approval.

During the entire 1 to 2 minute interview, the VO stayed on these letters, and her 2 or 3 questions seemed to stem from these. I have been asked a few times about them, so here goes, I will post our relationship letters we sent with the initial I-129F.

These were for Question 19 and were submitted on a separate page. I hope anyone submitting their I-129F can find these helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F Question 19

Dear Immigration officer,

I met XXX XXX on a dating website called www.xxxxxxxxx.com. Our initial contact on MM/DD/XXXX was via email, and we emailed each other on the website for a week, then on personal email addresses for another week. We both were interested in knowing more about each other.

From the beginning, I liked her very much, and found we have many common interests, personality traits and family values. We then started talking on MSN Messenger, because we could write, see, and speak with each other with webcam and audio. I have never met a woman as wonderful as she is, and I started falling in love with her very quickly, I told her I love her, and she said she felt the same! Our conversations turned to talking about a future together, and we spoke much about marriage and family.

But, I wanted to meet her in person, so I decided to spend 10 full days in XXX City, China. We met in-person for the first time on MM/DD/XXXX at XXX City’s International Airport. We spent every minute of every day together and realized we are really in love with each other. Before I came back to the States, I had to ask XXX XXX to marry me, and she immediately said yes!

I want to see her again as soon as possible, and have bought airline tickets and made motel reservations for MM/DD to MM/DD/XXXX, when she can take time off from work. However, that is just another visit. What I really want is to be with XXX XXX permanently, and hope to bring her here as soon as possible to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US.

For these reasons, I sincerely ask that you expedite this petition!

Sincerely,

Your Name, Petitioner

Dear US Immigration Officer,

When I met XXXXXX on an online service, I knew he was the person for me. I was excited to read his emails and I wanted to see him and hear his voice. He asked me if I had a webcam, and I told him no, but I could go to an internet café to use their computers. Every since then we have talked online together every day, for 2, 3, 4, 5 hours a day, and I was so happy when he told me he loved me, because I was falling in love with him too.

I was even more excited when he told me he wanted to come to China to meet me, because I wanted the same. I know we are right for each other. I even introduced him to my parents, family, and best friend, which is very important in China for a girl to do.

I was sad to see him leave, but very happy that he asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes, because I want to spend my life with him. I know we will have 90 days to marry when I get to America, and I will! We really want to be together, so I ask if you can please rush his petition? Thank you so much!

Very sincerely,

Her Name, Beneficiary

Hi,

Ken, Jie, GREAT letters! We only sent one, from me. I wish I would have thought of two! I am glad you are now sharing the secrets of your success.

-James

Since the VO spent most of her time looking at the letters we initially wrote for the I-129F application (K1 visa), we feel that this was the most important piece of paperwork that led to Jie's approval.

During the entire 1 to 2 minute interview, the VO stayed on these letters, and her 2 or 3 questions seemed to stem from these. I have been asked a few times about them, so here goes, I will post our relationship letters we sent with the initial I-129F.

These were for Question 19 and were submitted on a separate page. I hope anyone submitting their I-129F can find these helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F  Question 19

Dear Immigration officer,

I met  XXX XXX on a dating website called www.xxxxxxxxx.com. Our initial contact on MM/DD/XXXX was via email, and we emailed each other on the website for a week, then on personal email addresses for another week. We both were interested in knowing more about each other.

From the beginning, I liked her very much, and found we have many common interests, personality traits and family values. We then started talking on MSN Messenger, because we could write, see, and speak with each other with webcam and audio. I have never met a woman as wonderful as she is, and I started falling in love with her very quickly, I told her I love her, and she said she felt the same! Our conversations turned to talking about a future together, and we spoke much about marriage and family.

But, I wanted to meet her in person, so I decided to spend 10 full days in XXX City, China. We met in-person for the first time on MM/DD/XXXX at XXX City’s International Airport. We spent every minute of every day together and realized we are really in love with each other. Before I came back to the States, I had to ask XXX XXX to marry me, and she immediately said yes!

I want to see her again as soon as possible, and have bought airline tickets and made motel reservations for MM/DD to MM/DD/XXXX, when she can take time off from work. However, that is just another visit. What I really want is to be with XXX XXX permanently, and hope to bring her here as soon as possible to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US.   

For these reasons, I sincerely ask that you expedite this petition!

Sincerely,

Your Name, Petitioner

Dear US Immigration Officer,

When I met XXXXXX on an online service, I knew he was the person for me. I was excited to read his emails and I wanted to see him and hear his voice. He asked me if I had a webcam, and I told him no, but I could go to an internet café to use their computers. Every since then we have talked online together every day, for 2, 3, 4, 5 hours a day, and I was so happy when he told me he loved me, because I was falling in love with him too. 

I was even more excited when he told me he wanted to come to China to meet me,  because I wanted the same. I know we are right for each other. I even introduced him to my parents, family, and best friend, which is very important in China for a girl to do.

I was sad to see him leave, but very happy that he asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes, because I want to spend my life with him. I know we will have 90 days to marry when I get to America, and I will! We really want to be together, so I ask if you can please rush his petition? Thank you so much!

Very sincerely,

Her Name, Beneficiary

194761[/snapback]

Hello again brother Ken -

It's fantastic to hear of your success!! Yes, we appreciate Jie's letter and your post of your I-129F Intent to Marry letters. Fortunately, we sent one for each of us as you and I'm glad to know we've done something copasetic with a success story lilke you and Jie, smile. Anyway, thank you again for your posts and congratulations on your recent successes ... you deserve them, my friend. Wheel Man, Paul

Ken ....wow . great to see you posting again!! You and Jie are truly a text book case of all the correct things to do in this process. Thank you so much for you and Jie's selfless desire to help us who are just starting or some what through varuious stages of this process. Please give my best to your wife, Jie!! Wow how cool is it to be saying now, "My wife, Jie"? :cheering:

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)
Hi,

Ken, Jie, GREAT letters!  We only sent one, from me.  I wish I would have thought of two!  I am glad you are now sharing the secrets of your success.

-James

194769[/snapback]

We were just talking about this...dont worry about it, Jie seems to think that the VO spent more time on MY letter.

Something else Jie thought of, since they keep everything they recieve as part of the file, would there be any harm if Loving Candle sent them a letter and included it in P3? In fact, I guess there is nothing stopping you from sending an updated letter either. Better safe than sorry ! I know you guys will have no problem !

Ken ....wow . great to see you posting again!!  You and Jie are truly a text book case of all the correct things to do in this process.  Thank you so much for you and Jie's selfless desire to help us who are just starting or some what through varuious stages of this process.  Please give my best to your wife, Jie!!  Wow how cool is it to be saying now, "My wife, Jie"?  :cheering:

194777[/snapback]

Hey cheffie, good to hear from you! We took a lot of information, emotion, support, and everything else from CFL, and it only makes sense to give back ! We appreciate all your support too !

I tell you, it is really cool ! We have just been having a blast together, and Jie is handling the change very well. She has really moved in well, owns the kitchen, and even though she really has never cooked before, she has become an excellent chef with that 'knack' you need for cooking. Wow, some great foods she has put together. We dont even use forks, its all chopsticks !

We are just glad that part of the process is over. There is more to do, but at least this can be done together !

Hi,

Ken, Jie, GREAT letters!  We only sent one, from me.  I wish I would have thought of two!  I am glad you are now sharing the secrets of your success.

-James

194769[/snapback]

We were just talking about this...dont worry about it, Jie seems to think that the VO spent more time on MY letter.

Something else Jie thought of, since they keep everything they recieve as part of the file, would there be any harm if Loving Candle sent them a letter and included it in P3? In fact, I guess there is nothing stopping you from sending an updated letter either. Better safe than sorry ! I know you guys will have no problem !

194779[/snapback]

Hi Ken,

I am mulling that over now. I have gotten this far on the 'minimal' approach so I think I will have her carry one to the interview. I don't want to file ANY supplemental materials since that means more processing and the 'why did they send this' question.

I am going to China again in July so we will review this all then if we don't have the P3 before then!

She likes cats too?

I guess it is still too cold in CO to go fishing yet...

-James

Ken ....wow . great to see you posting again!!  You and Jie are truly a text book case of all the correct things to do in this process.  Thank you so much for you and Jie's selfless desire to help us who are just starting or some what through varuious stages of this process.  Please give my best to your wife, Jie!!  Wow how cool is it to be saying now, "My wife, Jie"?  :cheering:

194777[/snapback]

Hey cheffie, good to hear from you! We took a lot of information, emotion, support, and everything else from CFL, and it only makes sense to give back ! We appreciate all your support too !

I tell you, it is really cool ! We have just been having a blast together, and Jie is handling the change very well. She has really moved in well, owns the kitchen, and even though she really has never cooked before, she has become an excellent chef with that 'knack' you need for cooking. Wow, some great foods she has put together. We dont even use forks, its all chopsticks !

We are just glad that part of the process is over. There is more to do, but at least this can be done together !

194782[/snapback]

Glad to hear she is becoming quite a chef!! If I can be of service in that regard, please do not hesitiate to ask. I truly believe the foundation to a good marriage is the kitchen and food we share with our love ones!! :cheering:

I have gotten this far on the 'minimal' approach so I think I will have her carry one to the interview.  I don't want to file ANY supplemental materials since that means more processing and the 'why did they send this' question.

194783[/snapback]

james,

I think that is smart...

I also sent only one letter with the I-129F, from myself, that was quite detailed and plenty of dates to tie back to everything early on...

good luck !

---

Ken/Jie: Great write-ups !! You guys are a textbook to follow ! :cheering:

How did I miss the part where it asked for a letter?

194789[/snapback]

IluvmyLi

Don't feel bad brother! I seem to have missed it too!!

ameriken, I'm glad for both of you it's going so well

Rick

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)
Ok maybe i'm stuck in the twilight zone.  when i check the uscis website question 19 just asked the city and country where visa application will be sent to.

Are you talking about the intent to marry letter?

194800[/snapback]

In the newest versions of the I-129F, it is now Q.18

The A# used to be Q.9 and was moved to be Q.8.b... shifting everything below up a notch...