If the I-864 is older than 6 months, they might want a more recent one...

172493[/snapback]

Don't think so.

My I-864 was over 20 mos. old and was never RFE'd. But you never know with these people.

I think CFL has become a force to be reckoned with that makes them change procedure around from time to time so we can't get a lock on them! Sort of like a delta force specialized in dealing with CFL with the prime objective being always staying a step ahead.

Now that's plausible!...............B)

Received an RFE NOA in the mail yesterday. The document is dated 2005-11-23. It asks for financials I-864. I have to assume I either made a mistake or neglected some detail on the one I prepared in March.

172483[/snapback]

Tony the only thing I can think might have kicked it automatically was if you didn't provide your 2004 tax return with it. If that is the case then it sounds like they are just clearing of a minor detail and you may be in the home stretch.

• 3 weeks later...
Got the approval letter in the mail today!!!  :blink:  :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:

It was dated 12/14, so a mere nine day turn-around on our submitted RFE evidence. I'm still not sure what I missed (if anything) the first time around, but I redid the Affidavit Of Support package with an updated letter of employment and all the tax returns and W-2s.

176857[/snapback]

Hmm... we're still a few months away from hearing anything, but I wonder if I should anticipate an RFE for the same reason since I'm currently a student and they might want to see that I'm gainfully employed after graduation ...

I had my cousin and her husband do a Supporting Affidavit of Support, so I guess we'll see if that's enough for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Came home from xmas holidays on 12/26 and the GC was waiting in the mail. Not sure exactly what date it arrived, but it was within one week of the approval notice. I had taken the day off yesterday to take Quan and her cousin into Boston for the day, so he got treated to a trip to SSA enroute, so we could finally get Quan's SSN.