Your chance to fight fraud!, Anti-fraud

se_lang

I started this so other could make comments

I know during my whole process my wife would tell me about these ad's she sees in Chinese paper's etc... that guarantee to get a visa to America, I always told her they are scams and nobody can guarantee a visa ever, can't the Chinese Govt be persuaded to shut these places down after all it is only hurting Chinese people. Also are the known Chinese scammers being placed on a banned list with pic's & info etc.. and the American counter part spending time in jail

I started this so other could make comments

I know during my whole process my wife would tell me about these ad's she sees in Chinese paper's etc... that guarantee to get a visa to America, I always told her they are scams and nobody can guarantee a visa ever, can't the Chinese Govt be persuaded to shut these places down after all it is only hurting Chinese people. Also are the known Chinese scammers being placed on a banned list with pic's & info etc.. and the American counter part spending time in jail

165772[/snapback]

Guantined Visa's for Chinese applicants

Who Knows what HAPPENS In the Chinese GOVernment - but if they want to stop this kind of fraud they certainly have the ability to do so .

I have Not seen the Advertisements for the VISA quarantee other than through the LAWYER adds on the INTERNET and Those are Aimed at Americans .

I am wondering if the american half of these scams are being procecuted to the full extent of the law. It appears that if they suspect fraud then all that happens is the visa is denigd. If they have clear evidence of visa fraud then the US citizen should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That would make people think twice before agreeing to file a petition in return for money.

Match making is legal and most likely would lead to a visa. I would be very careful about asking for tougher screening and prosecution that could greatly increase the time to process K visas. Establishing legal evidence to prosecute violators might make the whole process more lengthy and cumbersome. Currently refusal is based on reasonable suspicion rather than prosecutable evidence. As we see on CFL this is usually over come.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Some recent statistics showed that only four percent (4%) of Chinese women that post profiles for the purpose of meeting an American man [considering all web-based dating sites] ever actually meet face to face. While these Chinese dating services are offering a lot with little chance of success, it still has a lot better odds of success than any lottery offered in the US.

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)
Some recent statistics showed that only four percent (4%) of Chinese women that post profiles for the purpose of meeting an American man [considering all web-based dating sites] ever actually meet face to face. While these Chinese dating services are offering a lot with little chance of success, it still has a lot better odds of success than any lottery offered in the US.

165849[/snapback]

you're right, I never won the lottery...... but!!!! :P

The issue of finding fraudulent relationships through nothing more than paperwork seems to be destined for difficulty.

Based on reviewing a petition asking for minimalistic proof, and followed by an application that offers little insight to the relationship itself, I am quite puzzled how anyone can find a 'flag' about a relationship based on 'required' paperwork.

It seemed a year ago that beneficiary's lack of speaking english was being used to question relationships and issue denials; but this year, this seems to be a non-existent reason (based on CFL population).

It is hard to tell if this 'moving target' changes due to rotation in personnel or change in direction of what to look for. (One issue many seem agreed on is the strongly inconsistent handling of VOs, to the point that some have developed nicknames and reputations.)

The matchmaking industry exists... and appears quite healthy in numbers. If the process goal is to be more efficient, then there are probably over a hundred items that we could suggest from petition to interview. But this would imply making the visa application process quicker, which is clearly it's greatest shortcoming. Is the process purposely lengthy to hopefully 'weed' out the bad apples?

Certainly fraud is not going to end anytime soon... and I suspect that given a truly fraudulent relationship, that the chinese beneficiary is more likely to have a better 'poker face' than the U.S. citizen. Maybe if you interrogated the U.S. citizen in an interview, whether at the petition submission or consulate interview, you stand a better chance of finding the 'poker face' is bluffing...

(One issue many seem agreed on is the strongly inconsistent handling of VOs, to the point that some have developed nicknames and reputations.)

166749[/snapback]

A comment on this. I strongly believe that these "nicknamed" VOs are largely fictional characters, only loosely based on real people. ANY female, black VO will now result in someone posting "interviewed with black pearl". The first person who was given that name on 001, was likely rotated out years ago, as well as the likely different person given that name on CFL the first time. Yet if your SO knows of "Black Pearl" and a black lady happens to be interviewing her, she will walk to the window with a lump in her throat anticipating to be treated rudely by the fabled hard-assed VO of doom... "Beware Black Pearl - pray for Geeky Guy with Glasses" lol our own mythology.... the less read into that kind of thing the better. It's useless.

Guest ShaQuaNew
(One issue many seem agreed on is the strongly inconsistent handling of VOs, to the point that some have developed nicknames and reputations.)

166749[/snapback]

A comment on this. I strongly believe that these "nicknamed" VOs are largely fictional characters, only loosely based on real people. ANY female, black VO will now result in someone posting "interviewed with black pearl". The first person who was given that name on 001, was likely rotated out years ago, as well as the likely different person given that name on CFL the first time. Yet if your SO knows of "Black Pearl" and a black lady happens to be interviewing her, she will walk to the window with a lump in her throat anticipating to be treated rudely by the fabled hard-assed VO of doom... "Beware Black Pearl - pray for Geeky Guy with Glasses" lol our own mythology.... the less read into that kind of thing the better. It's useless.

167462[/snapback]

It's always easier to blame someone else when we get rejected. The strong and positive person sees injustice and difficulty and does what they must to overcome.....

166749[/snapback]

167462[/snapback]

I agree... this has perpetuated to 'urban legend'...

Guest ShaQuaNew
I agree... this has perpetuated to 'urban legend'...

167470[/snapback]

I want to be very careful how I word any response here remembering how quickly this topic can spin out of control. Jason makes an excellent point regarding references to the "geeky one, black pearl, etc."

At the same time it's important to know that some VOs may simply be having a bad day, others may well be uncaring and unkind people that frequently step over the line and break the law. These people need to be exposed for what they are and be reprimanded, and in more extreme cases thrown in jail....

• 3 weeks later...

Since there is an active communist party in the USA and it is not illegal to be a communist in the USA, why would membership in the communist party in China be a reason for denial?

I'll take a poke at it...

Well, the first thought that came to mind was that there is no comparison between the Chinese Communist Party and the US Communist Annoyance.

It's like comparing a fire-breathing dragon to....marshmallows!!!!!! :)

While I was there, I saw two african American women. One notarized my papers. The other appeared just as friendly from a distant. :blink:

Maybe I should elaborate. The very friendly, professional acting african American lady that helped me seemed to be genuinely concerned that our papers were in order. The other appeared to be doing her job, as I would expect a government employee to do.

I am in no way trying to kiss ass by saying this. From what I saw, they are just human beings doing thier understaffed jobs. Believe me, the government cutbacks has left all agencies understaffed. I feel the pain of this everyday at work. Keep on bitching about your taxes, then wonder why you aren't being helped expediently when you need a government service :)