Hi all,

I need some help with one page of my I-864 to make sure I can do the best for my laopo (SO).

below is a link that goes to a picture of the second page of I-864, it is a scan of what I did, or well my parents, but the problem is the annual salary. My dad filled out the same amount as the previous year, though we have no idea how much my mom would end up making at the end of the year, that really is only an estimation of what she ought to make. This is the only part I am worried about, and fixing it is easy, just some whiteout will fix it and another number. There is no set salary, but that is the number from the previous year and I really would like to know what to do. I need to send this out tomorrow and I hope my opinion can be validated, because that number is only an estimation and nothing more. My parents (as joint-sponsors) have three years of proof and enough to sponsor her, but this number and field is bothering me.

You will see, it is under the Sponsor's Employment of the amount 29,576.00. I wish I would have caught this awhile back.

http://www.geocities.com/darianstarfire/I8...arentssmall.JPG

This is my long abandoned website, but it is useful for my purposes here. I do feel quite stressed out, because my wifes english is good and our relationship is easy to prove, so she is depending on me to make good. I would love help in identifying the problem. THough I am not too worried, this is always something I can fax her, or send in a scan. The rest will go out tomorrow, except this one

Thanks all, my wife will be going to GZ on June 21st

Dan

I just want to make sure I understand where your stressing... the number is only a estimate of what she ought to make this next year? What did they just claim for income this last year , this number?

The instructions say on the form, and I can even see it on your scan, you (they) must be able to provide adequate evidence of the income. Can you do that?

Have the evidence with you.. last year(s) tax returns... Be able to show where that number came from...

Hey David,

Proving we make that or even more is easy, but that number is simply an estimation, but not the exact amount she will make for 2005. So my real question is whether that number is sufficient, because showing she will make that or more is not a problem, because we will provide at least 3 months worth of paystubs showing that she will make at least that much, or at least pointing to making that much.

That number is from the 2004 Tax Return, that is easy.

Dan

You've got proof of meeting the guideline and three years past.. that's all they want.

The guideline is:

FY 2005

Sponsors Household size - 125% of poverty line

2 - $16037

3 - $21112

4 - $24187

Here is everything about I-864 :

HOW CAN I ENSURE I MEET THE FINANCIAL SUPPORT REQUIREMENTS?

The 2005 poverty guidelines.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864P.htm

Affidavit of Support: I-134 & I-864

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=support

I-864 Fact Sheet:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/fa...eets/affaqa.htm

1-864 Check List:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in.../info_1329.html

I-864 FAQ:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/in.../info_1328.html

Hi Darian, welcome! (feels strange saying that 'cause I'm a newbie too...but what the hey...;-))

Sounds like David's advice is pretty kosher. I would think the important thing is not the exact amount, but rather a history of ability to earn a living. I mean, if there would be big gaps in her previous income-earning history, that might be a problem. But it sounds like that's not the case, so you should be OK.

I'm still feeling my way around this DCF stuff, but you're free to e-mail/PM me anytime. :rolleyes:

Thanks Jocelyn and David,

I think the advice is sound, I am not sure that particular number matters as much as the proof I have to back up how much she ought to make this year, for myself and my mom.

I just don't want to worry my SO. I am going to leave it the way it is, though I am tempted to write a letter, but I don't need to send that in the package, I can scan or email that to my wife.

I am terribly unfriendly, I know this all is making me crazy. That along with having a job where I am suppose to be able to speak Chinese. That isn't working out too well, luckily most of my call are English. (I work for GM)

I believe it will be okay, I just wanted to make sure that the number isn't so much important as the documents behind them. We can only estimate my mother's end year salary, and mine also, since I'd rather be working somewhere else with more human contact and less talking on the phone :rolleyes:

Thanks all for listening! I just hope that they are strickler for that particular page and put more weight on the 2004 tax return and recent pay stubs, then it shouldn't be an issue

My sig doesn't want to work, so I'll have to paste it in

Moved to China -- August 26 , 2003

Filed I-130 at the US Homeland Security Office in the Kerry Mall in Beijing - November 30th, 2004

I-130 approved -- December 9, 2004

Approval received -- December 20th, 2004

P-3 received - December 30, 2004

P4 Received

Interview - June 21st

Dan

I maybe mistunderstanding your questions and I could not open the link to page 2. I am preparing the 864 and are supplying tax returns for the tax years 2002,2003, & 2004. I am not planning on supplying any information on 2005. I would shy away from placing an estimate. Under section D, I would have the income numbers match your tax returns. That coupled with an employment letter and a recent pay statement should be fine.

Hope this helps. Email or reply

Thanks all,

the 29K number is the 2004 amount for taxes for my mother. I kept that on the form and sent it to my taitai

Geocities never worked for me in China. I asked my wife to open it too, and she couldn't.

See, the I-864 is confusing, because it does mention that what you make now seems to be important, such as check stubs and others, and my mother and myself have that. I argued with my father for many minutes about the embassy also requiring (but not asking) for 2005 info, at least for the first few months. One, by having your employment write a letter, is telling the embassy that things haven't changed, and apparently that is also very important, along with history, of which I have none.

anyway, thanks all for the help

Dan

Dude, Look at the lower right corner of your form. It looks like it says, 11/05/01.

oh, This one does too.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/f...files/I-864.pdf

I don't see any expiration date on the form.

I see the same script object box in the upper right hand corner of the same page on the website.

If you need your partents to help you meet the minimum requirement, then you need to file the I-864A part also. They will need to also sign infront of a public notary.

Don't forget to put the GUZ# or WAC in the upper right hand corner of all pages.

• 10 months later...

Moved to China -- August 26 , 2003

Filed I-130 at the US Homeland Security Office in the Kerry Mall in Beijing - November 30th, 2004

I-130 approved -- December 9, 2004

Approval received -- December 20th, 2004

P-3 received - December 30, 2004

P4 Received

Interview - June 21st

Passed interview - June 21st!!!!!Hi there,

I am a DCFer too. My case will be in Guang Zhou.

My question is: Does a DCFer need to file I-129F form too, after I-130 approved?

Thanks very much

I don't have direct experience with a DCF, but I believe others will be along to tell you that the K-3 is optional. But it must be filed stateside, and would take longer to process than your CR-1, so there is no advantage to doing so.

The CR-1 will bring the beneficiary to the states with an immediate green card, which the K-3 does not provide - a separate AOS filing is required after arrival.

Guest pushbrk
Thanks all,

the 29K number is the 2004 amount for taxes for my mother.  I kept that on the form and sent it to my taitai

Geocities never worked for me in China.  I asked my wife to open it too, and she couldn't.

See, the I-864 is confusing, because it does mention that what you make now seems to be important, such as check stubs and others, and my mother and myself have that.  I argued with my father for many minutes about the embassy also requiring (but not asking) for 2005 info, at least for the first few months.  One, by having your employment write a letter, is telling the embassy that things haven't changed, and apparently that is also very important, along with history, of which I have none.

anyway, thanks all for the help

Dan

120508[/snapback]

Lots of people do not have fixed salaries. The best that is possible to do is to use the income from the most recent tax return or most recent documented tax year. I would leave it just like it is and move on to implementing my future plans.