Breakdown of P1, P2, P3 & P4

I'm sure it's posted on this forum some where but I just keep missing it but I haven't been able to find it. unsure.gif

I would like to find the 'education' section that would educate me on what the P1, P2, P3, P4, touched, Pink slips, blue slips and all of the other jargon I read on here is.

Everyone seems to use the terms as though they are well versed on them and I want to get to that point to.

Our packet has been sent to GUZ but I don't know if this is P1, P2 or what. Also if it is P1 or P2, what does it mean? What should be expected?

I would love a link to the forum that breaks it all down for me in simple terms. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone

Hi there. The most important color you need to worry about is PINK. This means that the interview was a success. If you get a blue, the consulate is unsure of SOMETHING, and will request additional information from you. If you get a white slip, this is really terrible. It usually means they do not feel your relationship is bonafide. Recovering from a blue is doable ( we are in this process now) I understand recovering from a white is a terrible ordeal. You dont want to get into that position. Document document, document everything.

Make sure your wife has all receipts, letter of your relationships evolution, pictures phone records email records... If there is a child then make sure you have proof the child belongs to your wife ( they like to see pictures of the wife/child growing up ), recepts of your trips to China so visit her. document EVERYTHING !!!

I dont want to comment on the P?'s. I am not clear on those and I would probably confuse you.

Best of luck to you,

Ning and Jim...

I'm sure it's posted on this forum some where but I just keep missing it but I haven't been able to find it. :lol:

I would like to find the 'education' section that would educate me on what the P1, P2, P3, P4, touched, Pink slips, blue slips and all of the other jargon I read on here is.

Everyone seems to use the terms as though they are well versed on them and I want to get to that point to.

Our packet has been sent to GUZ but I don't know if this is P1, P2 or what. Also if it is P1 or P2, what does it mean? What should be expected?

I would love a link to the forum that breaks it all down for me in simple terms. ;)

Thanks everyone

I will do my best here, since I was like you when I started this process and I still get thrown off track by some of the abbreviations.

P1 = NOA1 (Notice of Action One) Received when you send in your app

P2 = NOA2 When petition approved by service center

P3 = Consulate packet sent to foriegn spouse

P4 = Interview packet, I am really not sure on this one

Other ones I have noticed

GUZ Consulate in China where interview happens

SO Significant Other?

USC United States Citizen

CSC and VSC California and Vermont Service Centers

DOS Department of State

NVC National Visa Center

There is a ton more that I have not figured out, I also wish there was a table of contents so to speak for all the terms.

Hope it helps a little

I'm sure it's posted on this forum some where but I just keep missing it but I haven't been able to find it. :(

I would love a link to the forum that breaks it all down for me in simple terms. :)

Thanks everyone

I will do my best here, since I was like you when I started this process and I still get thrown off track by some of the abbreviations.

P1 = NOA1 (Notice of Action One) Received when you send in your app

P2 = NOA2 When petition approved by service center

P3 = Consulate packet sent to foriegn spouse

P4 = Interview packet, I am really not sure on this one

Other ones I have noticed

GUZ Consulate in China where interview happens

SO Significant Other?

USC United States Citizen

CSC and VSC California and Vermont Service Centers

DOS Department of State

NVC National Visa Center

There is a ton more that I have not figured out, I also wish there was a table of contents so to speak for all the terms.

Hope it helps a little

Good job Scott.

Yes SO stands for significant other.

I didn't understand any of the gobbly-gook initial when I came onto CFL, but, I pushed all buttons up top of the first page...guess what???

Hit the FAQ button at the top center of the page. Look to the bottom left side and Lawd Have Mercy...right there you'll see the word "acronyms". Hell, I didn't even know what that word meant and I had to look it up in my 1962 edition of the Funk and Waga-nalls. :lol:

Good luck to you guys. ;)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)

I will add my two cents.

P1, P2 tend to be USCIS in the states, since Twoinchina filed the I-130 in China "DCF" they wont see these.

And since they are DCF they wont be dealing with NVC so WILL get a P3 from Guangzhou.

Another good list of the jargon is here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...page=definition

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Ne...Index_New2.html (Acronyms)

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Your stuff will be different since you filed in China. Basically after I filed the original I-130 in Beijing, it went like this:

2-3 months later(approximately) you will get your first packet from Guangzhou. This will have a checklist of stuff, a Ds-230, and I-864. You should start collecting the stuff on the checklist (this stuff is needed for the interview, don't send it to them). All I sent back from this packet was the checklist(which you should check off stuff on, even if you haven't really collected it yet), a self-addressed EMS mailing slip, and DS-230 part 1.

1-2 months after you send that stuff, you'll get the letter with the interview appointment. The interview date should be about a month from when you get the letter. At this point, the packet is the same as the ones sent to everyone else, so you can find lots of info about that online.

Edited by potato (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • 2 years later...

FYI, just in case anybody's reading this, this is probably the most helpful thread I've ever seen on CFL. I wonder if it could be pinned or something? I've been scouring this site for (weeks? months? years?) now and am finally coming across some of this stuff.

FYI, just in case anybody's reading this, this is probably the most helpful thread I've ever seen on CFL. I wonder if it could be pinned or something? I've been scouring this site for (weeks? months? years?) now and am finally coming across some of this stuff.

I placed a link to this in the getting started thread here: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?/topic/16183-newbie-links/page__view__findpost__p__587000

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Thanks Dan!

I think it's a case of information overload! There is truly a LOT of information here. I salute the poor buggers (ahem...you guys, I assume!) who try and organize it!

It took me over a week of perusing the site every night to find my way here.

As I've gotten more accustomed to the site, it's getting easier to find things, but at first......

Oh Momma!

But at least some of the P1=NOA1 stuff is starting to sink in now. And I know where to go when i run across more of the acronyms! :)

To Tsap seui - I don't know if the web page has changed, but there's no FAQ button in the center of the main page that I go to. I kinda had to go through the general discussion forum and then to the newbie links (thank GOD for the newbie links! LOL). It could be that I end up at a different place than y'all where I saved the page to get in, or it could be that I'm just a bit more challenged than the normal joe. :) Probably the latter.

In any case - thanks for the help in understanding the plethora of acronyms!

A note about Acronyms hover your mouse over any acronym in any post or topic, a popup will happen telling you what the acronym means, you will notice a light underline under acronyms, this indicates to hover a mouse and the pop up will happen.

This works on computers but not tablets that do not have a conventional mouse.

Another useful feature is the tags in the topic header, clicking tags will show you all related topics.