it was a commercial of American tampons

it showed a girl going swimming when she was in period

of course by using this product

I've been told many many times in china that when you are in period

you can't have either cold food or cold drinks

you can't go swimming unless it's totally finished~

you can't wash anything with cold water

.....etc.

but seems like american mms don't care much about that?

is that true?

both American mm and Chinese mm are welcome to leave your opinions on this ~

and gg are welcome too, to speak for your mm~ <_<

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow big difference!

almost every chinese girl won't do that~

the elder chinese women always tell us it will hurt your body

you can feel the damage especially when you get old~

the period is a very delicate thing for chinese girls I think

some of my friends eat date in their period

and never touch the cold stuff

thanks for your information :blink:

Yeah- we also wash our hair after having babies which Chinese (traditionally) don't do- a lot of stuff is based on what we call old wives' tales- like that wet hair will make you catch a cold- which is based on germs- not wet hair. (My granny was a big believer in that)- and like that you shouldn't shower as much in the winter- my husband tells me this. I don't believe it and encourage him to do otherwise as well for the sake of my nose. I think about 50 years ago or so there were a lot of things that went around about healthcare that just doesn't have any basis in proof- and also- you could swim with a tampon- but never with a pad which our grandmothers wore.

All cultures have traditions surrounding the period. Most regarded it as being unclean or an affliction. Some cultures required the women to live outside of the house in a hut during the period and afterwards the hut was burnt.

Maybe mankind has made some progress.

If you use a tampon there's no reason not to go swimming. What do Chinese women athletes do???

Having your period doesn't make you "delicate" it's just an inconvience that means you have to use the bathroom more often.

The issue of athlete's can take on another turn.. seriously training women athlete's often 'lose' their period...

I know of even young girl athlete's this happens to, from so much training...

If you use a tampon there's no reason not to go swimming. What do Chinese women athletes do???

Having your period doesn't make you "delicate" it's just an inconvience that means you have to use the bathroom more often.

we may see it a nothing more than an inconvenience of 'going more often', but I think the post's point is that they consider it as related to bodily well being...

I had always took all this concern about 'well being' to be connected to their desire for a long and healthy life...