Historical Interview/P3 list for 4th week of April

In answer to some questions....

See renewed chart above as of this post.

DocMartin817,

I see no pattern that there is a certain time of the month when P4's are likely, only that they are likely to be dated on a Monday or Tuesday on the actual letter. The mail determines when you get it, and DOS, or the person you get may not be able to read the computer correctly, as has happened that some people are told no p4, yet get a P4 the next day or two, like myself.

ptcrusier333rph,

Yes I will still be around, and a replacement is in the works, although I will still probably monitor it. But since you are going through Vietnam I dont know how it all applies, although I would do a K1, since we know K3 anywhere takes longer.

hayuesan,

I have added your time info, and if all held true, you could expect a p4 this week.....but the upcoming holidays and the consualate move in June would make be be conservative....meaning I would make my calls twice a week to DOS, Tuesdays and Fridays.

SongDaJiang,

I have added you to the chart based on the data from other CR1's. Need to know the other two dates that other CR1's use, please see the time lines for Bahan, benfanfan, Chinese Wife!!!, Mengxin, , mlspyl, blsqueaky, eeyore, and lynne.

yuehan123 and vibes1313,

Thanks for the dates.

Mengxin,

Bummer.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome home nooneufo. I have enjoyed your charts and predicts very much. The person who will replace you has some pretty big shoes to fill !

Anyhow, I have some corrections to my time line.

* Recieved P3 on 4/7/05

* Send back P3 on 4/8/05

* GUZ got P3 according to EMS on 4/9/05

* Consulate entered in computer on 4/19/05 -- this is a little bit of a guess, but pretty close none-the-less.

I am going nuts!!!    This waiting for the P4 is the worst of all!

Here is my semi-standard timeline:

All materials sent to lawyer: 03/09/04

NVOA 1  07/20/04  (I know, I know)

NVOA 3 10/19/04

Approved by NVC  (who knows?  they didnt send a letter)  received a letter regarding approval only after a telephone request, dated 12/16/04)

Received P3 packet with a date of 12/08/2004

Sent materials to SO....received on 12/23/04

P3 sent to Embassy on 01/03/05

Waiting waiting waiting waiting

I dont even know what to tell my SO as a conservative estimate

I hope she can get over here while its still warm.....she'll freeze to death if she comes to New Hampshire after October

This is for the birds

Seems really close.. a few weeks at most...

hang on !!! hang in there !!!

Thanks nooneufo and David,

It really helps to know there are people in the same boat and to have some idea, no matter how general, of a timeline.

I will call DOS tomorrow and see if they can give me the date out P3 was entered into the computer.

I imagine they will send the P4 to me instead of my SO...thats what they did with the P3. Either way, I'll just be happy when I get it. I noticed in other threads that at certain POEs my SO would be able to get some sort of 90-day work permit.....is this true? I have a feeling that she will be coming in through Detroit because its with NWA.

Once again, thanks to all. The support really helps.

-J

hayuesen,

Thanks, have updated my spread sheet. Since you don't have your time line posted, I am also wonder when is the "entered into the computer"date?

SongDaJiang,

Updated, let us know when Guz enters it into the computer so we can start that count line as well, which one would hope will get more accurate as there are a number of CR1's ahead of you that should help to pin things down more. But basically looking at the few previous ones and others on the 001 forum, once you are entered into the GZ computer, your count usually closely follows everyone else at the same time entry point.

SongDaJiang,

I am not the expert, but I think you could have gone on and sent in that P3 for the K3 visa, and gotten in line for a visa based on that. Then if the I-130 reaches the consulate before the K3 interview, I believe they would convert the interview into a CR-1 interview. At least that is the line of thinking that I and some other members have been going by.

In fact, you might even save some time (a month or so) if you sent in the K3 P3 right now, because the I-130 (Cr-1) paperwork could take a month or so to get to Guangzhou and get entered in the system.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Jason+Joanna -

I think that are P3 must be entered before 4/19 as I received an email from GUZ

Thanks for your email. We have received the requested forms. We are conducting pre-interview clearances for your case. Once they have been completed, we will send you an appointment letter with instructions nearer to your appointment date. Due to heavy workload volume, it is hard to predict when your interview will be scheduled. As soon as we have dates available, you will hear from us.

Since I assume they must have entered the P3 into the computer before they would send me an email stating that they are conducting pre-interview clearance. So hopefully we will get our P4 around the time predicted as I will be with my girl in Shanghai at that time.