AOS interview

Well, with the AOS interview coming up next month I decide to read the I-797-C (notice of interview. I says to bring birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce decree, I-864 with W2s and three years taxes etc etc etc.. These are all the same things I sent in with the I-485 application so I assumed they have them and there is no need for me to bring them again.

Just to be on the safe side I called UCIS. After 35 minutes on hold I talked to a less than bright human who told me "yes you must do the I-864 again and bring in all the other stuff it says". I told him I had sent everything they are wanting me to bring into them with the I-485. "Yes, but they may not have it with them so you need to do it all again".

I said what about the I-693. He said "yes, you need that also". I told him she is a K1 and doesn't need the I-693, only the Vaccination supplement. He said "Yes, that is correct but you must bring evidence that she entered the country on a K1 visa". WHAT!!! Do they not know that in Memphis?? "Maybe but they might have forgotten".

CLICK!!

The UCIS is crazy as hell! Soooo, once again i find myself redoing everything that I had to do to file the I-485 which was redone from the P4 material which was redone from the P3 which was redone from I-129f which was........

Damned efficient bunch these government folks--

Anyone want to wager on whether or not they even look at any of it??

HOLD on a minute! Are you saying that after basic training under GUZ we must go on to the really hard stuff?

On the other hand would you really want government to be efficient? Think of how high unemployment would be and how much more of your income you could keep? Too much pressure, too much pressure.

Ah, for the days of governmental department cooperation...oh wait...that is supposed to be now...

and yes...they do look at them...only to see that you have been mistakenly placed in the pile that gets done this year...so you are "touched" into the "wait 6 months until it is overdue by governmental directive pile"

Just reminds me of filling out the I-864..."uh why do I have to sign a paper saying you can check my tax filings with the IRS and also provide them to you on forms sent by the IRS again?"

Somehow I always get the feeling that I could get a college freshman to rewrite their whole computer system in about a day and actually make it work like it should....but then of course we would eliminate the work that is creating jobs that is stimulating the economy.

:( :blink:

I find it amazing how the government expects us to do all of the processing work for them.......Isn't this what the $385 fee is for? For them to do their job????

Mark, Mark, Mark this is government we are talking about not profit driven private business. The purpose is to provide full employment to make the statistics on the current Administration look good. Now should there occur a short fall in rack off funds I am sure action will be taken immediately. What were you thinking of?

"the government expects us to do all of the processing work for them.......Isn't this what the $385 fee is for? For them to do their job????"

It's their parlor. It's their table. It's their cards. It's their chips. It's their rules. The only thing that's yours, Trigg, is your time which means absolutely nothing to them.

A buddy of mine once told me something. A particular governmental agency, IRS I think, made copies of any correspondence received. So, when he got a letter from them, he'd attach a copy of the letter and his response. If he got another letter, he'd send in all prior correspondence and all provious copies. Soon, he'd be sending in inch thick files and chuckling with the knowledge that some poor slob was making copies of copies of copies of copies.

Sounds like sweet revenge to me. :D

I had to meet with the FBI before she came over because this is now "their jurisdiction" under the umbrella of "homeland security" The only information they had on my wife is that she was coming on a K-1 visa, nothing else. I had to give them the same biographical information the she has filled out at least 3 times. None of these agencies talk to each other, and none of them trust each other, very strange.

I find it amazing how the government expects us to do all of the processing work for them.......Isn't this what the $385 fee is for? For them to do their job????

Mark, Mark, Mark this is government we are talking about not profit driven private business. The purpose is to provide full employment to make the statistics on the current Administration look good. Now should there occur a short fall in rack off funds I am sure action will be taken immediately. What were you thinking of?

"the government expects us to do all of the processing work for them.......Isn't this what the $385 fee is for? For them to do their job????"

Don't forget that according to last summer's meetings on the status of the USCIS they requested an additional $200 million earmarked for backlogged cases that was used to pay for their salaries and day to day expenses... Heaven forbid they actually use it right...then next year they wouldn't be able to request more money and more fees to do the job they were tasked with...

OK, so if I have to bring all thoses documents with me to the Memhpis branch of UCIS for the purpose of getting AOS, why did I have to send all those same documents to Memphis UCIS when I applied for AOS?????? Did they eat them??/ sell them??? Lose them?? Why did they ask me for them then if they knew they would ask for them now???

sorry about that Grand Master Trigg. I just don't know what has happened to me. Ever since I started reading posts here I have had a harder and harder time spelling. I find I must look up words in the dictionary that were never a problem before.

Do you think we should have CDC look into this?

sorry about that Grand Master Trigg. I just don't know what has happened to me. Ever since I started reading posts here I have had a harder and harder time spelling. I find I must look up words in the dictionary that were never a problem before.

Do you think we should have CDC look into this?

I dunno 'bout the CDC but I know this much, If Trigg ever had to help me spell something I'd go back to my ole' highschool and kick all my teaches Butts!!!!

Hmmmm, refferring to myself on the third person--Damn, and i'm not even a pro basketball player.

Ok, Trigg is done talking and Trigg says bye.