Sayings of your SO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figure this weeks got to end on a more cheerful note...

Looking at your timeline, it's very ironic that the day you submitted your I-129F is the day I first had any contact with my SO...

What date did she start with this "mop" slapping.. Seeing how dates are very important (at least for setting weddings) ... you know, numerology and all that...

That is a coincidence on the July date! She never mop slaps that is Trigg's Fang's thing. However if I repeated what she says here I am sure I would rather get mop slapped than what I might receive. She already let me know that during an argument she might "hit". Sssshhhh don't say I repeated that.

As for the "chi fan" means eat RIGHT NOW, its been my experience that eating times in China were pretty strict, at least as far as lunch and dinner. My SO hit the roof one night when she came home from class at 9PM to discover I hadnt eaten yet. Also, it was pretty difficult to find lunch after 2:30 to 3PM as the staff at the restaurants were finally getting around to theirs.

Regarding language, I think one of the funniest incidences I had in our courtship was when I tried to tell my SO that when I was young, I liked to go fishing at the dock. Unfortunately, instead of saying "dock" (ma tou), I said ma tong.....I wish I had a picture of her reaction.

For those of you not in the know, matong is toilet.

My SO hit the roof one night when she came home from class at 9PM to discover I hadnt eaten yet. Also, it was pretty difficult to find lunch after 2:30 to 3PM as the staff at the restaurants were finally getting around to theirs.

There's another thread going on about "differences"... but your point of the strictness of eating is (I believe) a subset of the way in which a chinese lady cares for the well being of her gg. Expressions by her "to be careful", "to eat", "to sleep or rest" are all really expressions of her desiring the best for the gg's well being... since ultimately, she wants a long happy life together.

Yes, the afternoon closing was a pain once or twice for us.. wouldn't have this issue in the US... Although I remember this as an issue once in Germany when trying to find an open back during noon time.

Regarding language, I think one of the funniest incidences I had in our courtship was when I tried to tell my SO that when I was young, I liked to go fishing at the dock.  Unfortunately, instead of saying "dock" (ma tou), I said ma tong.....I wish I had a picture of her reaction.

For those of you not in the know, matong is toilet.

I've got an incident about ma tong:

When we were touring in Yunnan and learning about the various minority groups, one of them referred to going to the bathroom as "singing and dancing".

For whatever reason, we found this amusing enough to start saying it ourselves while on the trip... to make a long story short, to this day, we both say this if we have to go to the bathroom!

DavidZixuan Posted on Apr 22 2005, 01:20 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok.. I'll get it back on track..

Here are the popular addresses YZX likes to make to me:

"bao bei" -- baby

"lao gong" -- old fart man; husband

"yangdawei" -- adopting her family name

I am now 100% called Laogong. We we are going on over 2 years, so BaoBei has tapered off.

I guess we should do some practice with my real name, in case the VO asks :unsure:

is that something like the two year itch that goes away...

Speaking of itching and scratching...

My SO would not let me scratch or pick anything. She'd always say, 'No scatc' (Chinglish-- Yinghanhua) .. Took we a week to figure out what she was saying.

Then she'd apply this nasty yellow stuff to my itch and it would get all into my shirt.

Never had an american woman do this..