for us, the green card is just a MUST for being together with our love

unfortunately somebody are hunting it with ugly methods,

which made our applications last so stupid long

actually to be a young sigle chinese woman,

it's almost impossible to get a tourist visa to go abroad to see things

but since I'm getting married soon,

and probably I will get a green card in very few years

it will be much easier for me to travel

thank you guys for all the information you offered.

thanks for everybody

for us, the green card is just a MUST for being together with our love

unfortunately somebody are hunting it with ugly methods,

which made our applications last so stupid long

actually to be a young sigle chinese woman,

it's almost impossible to get a tourist visa to go abroad to see things

but since I'm getting married soon,

and probably I will get a green card in very few years

it will be much easier for me to travel

thank you guys for all the information you offered.

I do not think so.

My young female (now wife) had no problem getting a tourist visa to visit Thailand, Vietnam, and other nations in SE Asia. In fact, to go to Thailand does not even require a visa to be issued before hand, and the same for Vietnam (if you cross by land).

This was all on a not-so-large income.

It just depends on where you want to go.

It is getting easier for Chinese passport holders to travel abroad.

But, if you want to live together in the US, this is a different story.

If you want to travel to the EU nations, it makes life easier. And it allows travel to the US and Canada, which are nearly impossible to get into for any length of time w/o the green card.

Just make him live back with you in China for as long as you live in the US/Canada.

And good Luck!

hey lele ~ I'm from QingDao too~ wish we could meet here someday~

glad to see your case has been handled so fast~

I'm still here in qingdao, waiting for my P4

although we almost send the applications out at the same time :lol:

when I was abroad working,

my best friend was intending to see me there

but she need a letter from company she was working at, a few thousand us dollars deposited in bank.... there were something more sorry I can't recall which were almost impossible for her to obtain at that time,

so she gave it up

my cousin and her friend made a trip to the place where I worked

but they were refused for the first time

only made it at the 2nd

coz my boss wrote a letter to guarantee that they would be back to china on time

it's kinda hard to explain why the guarantee was so important

but it really worked

otherwise they couldn't make it

coz they were unmarried chinese women

and I read a news last year that malaysia goverment wouldn't issue visa to unmarried chinese woman under 25ys old

kinda insulting~

yeah, I've got visa to phillipines very easy

and I believe it would be easy for me to get a visa to go other SE asian countries too.

what I was talking about were mostly concerning more modern countries,

like Japan and Korea in Asia, and most of the western countries

my gg has no problems to come to china living here with me

we've talked about this already~

so maybe someday we can sit together in a restaurant in Qingdao

and talk about this more~

:o

Guest lilac6451

You leave people am impression that you married an American for the green card so that you can travel around the world. B)

But I doubt why you think you can only go traveling around world by marrrying an American. We have lots of travel agents that will arrange whatever tour you like, such as Europe, Africa...you name it. I heard that we will soon be able to visit North America.

You leave people am impression that you married an American for the green card so that you can travel around the world. :angry:

But I doubt why you think you can only go traveling around world by marrrying an American. We have lots of travel agents that will arrange whatever tour you like, such as Europe, Africa...you name it. I heard that we will soon be able to visit North America.

My soon to be wife would like to travel with me around the world. I have traveled a lot for work, not much for fun. That will change after she is here. The green card will allow that to happen. She is not marrying me for the green card.

How do you know? :P

I knew you were going to ask that question. :P

The question you are really asking is: "do I trust her?" The short answer is: "YES!"

The long answer is:

My fiancee and I have very good communications. We have known each other for several years, first as friends before we had any romantic ideas. I met her in China in 2001 when I traveled there for work. She studied English in college so we didn't have to struggle with language differences.

What we have discussed is that she wants to be together but she would much prefer it if we were together in China. We have had many talks about this and we reached a compromise. The compromise is that if I ever have a chance to work in China with a reasonable salary I would take that chance. My company opened a China branch last year so I volunteered to go. The branch doesn't have the sales volume yet so I wouldn't go for a year or two.

The green card is a convenience. You state that you can get visas to go many places. That is true, my fiancee has been here, Canada, and Europe. With the green card, she wouldn't need the visas (or the extra cost). My fiancee was lucky to go to so many places, with out her companies sponsorship, she wouldn't have been able to get the visas.

Mark

Guest lilac6451

I dont doubt that you two love each other, I just know some who are seeking Americans for things other than love.Of course there are Americans who take advantage of this trying to find a much younger female,while they cant in usa.

As for traveling, I dont think it is a problem except you want to go to the states. I got the visa easily to about 10 countries in Europe,no problem at all. As for money, just about 750 for the visa, that is just a very small sum of money for most chinese people, I think.

• 3 months later...