Brick Wall - Any Suggestions/Advice?

Hello all ... My SO and I are a mystified and frustrated at the moment. My SO mailed her P3 documents to GZ on 10/28/04. We have yet to hear from GZ (no P4 received.)

I sent email to GZ in March, asking if they had received the documents and if there is any prediction when they might complete processing. Answer: Name check incomplete.

I noticed here that many of you have rather detailed dates of when documents were received and logged in at GZ. So -- I emailed GZ again in early April. I asked ONE question: What date did you log in my SO's documents for processing. Answer: Name check incomplete.

I telephoned DOS this week. Explained the situation. Asked when Answer: Name check incomplete. Asked when GZ received/logged in the P3 documents. Answer: Email GZ for that information.

It's an unpleasant merry-go-round.

Many here sent their P3 documents to GZ a month or more AFTER my SO sent hers - and have already received P4's, had interviews and received their visas!

What next? I'm running out of optioins. Any suggestions or expertise would be very much appreciated!

Guest aosnow

I know it is frustrating but my guess is that GZ does not want to tell you when p3 was returned because the name check is holding things up anyway. In reality, does it matter to you when received? Some name checks take longer and others are going to skip ahead of you. Seems unfair, I know, but a fact of life. Please try to relax, it will all come together soon, youre rounding 3rd base and heading for home plate.

good luck

I know, I know ... and it's the same I would tell anyone else. My own mystery is why, after several phone calls and emails, GZ can't answer a simple question - when did they log in the P3? I want to confirm that it was received, when it was received and when it was logged in. It is now six months (shy one week) since we sent the P3 docs to GZ. Others here sent their docs in as much as 2 months after we did, and have already received their P4's.

We're waiting, we're being patient, but I just don't like being given a runaround. I telephoned GZ today - they said to email for information on when the P3 was logged in. But I did that - and received an automated non-answer.

I'm mystified how others here obtained that information, regardless of wait times.

I know, I know ... and it's the same I would tell anyone else. My own mystery is why, after several phone calls and emails, GZ can't answer a simple question - when did they log in the P3? I want to confirm that it was received, when it was received and when it was logged in. It is now six months (shy one week) since we sent the P3 docs to GZ. Others here sent their docs in as much as 2 months after we did, and have already received their P4's.

We're waiting, we're being patient, but I just don't like being given a runaround. I telephoned GZ today - they said to email for information on when the P3 was logged in. But I did that - and received an automated non-answer.

I'm mystified how others here obtained that information, regardless of wait times.

I would certainly be on the phone with DOS. My experience with them was generally pretty good. Maybe they can tell you if the P3 has been logged in yet.

Another "trick" I learned along the way in dealing with GZ was never to use one of the canned subject lines when sending them an e-mail. I always used "other", and their responses did not appear canned to me. Don't know if things have changed, but you might want to give it a try.

What Frank said.. and I'll add, contact your Congressman and ask that they look into this for you. It seems most all have contact people with the State Department and 6 months is indeed a long wait.

They most likely will not be able to tell you what who or where the name check is, but certainly they can verifie that the P3 was recieved.

As always polite, persistant, badgering will in the end get you the info..

Mark

Thanks muchly for all the encouragement and advice. I'm sure we'll get there!

I did telephone Guangzhou yesterday, actually got a live person on the phone. (Bought the pin number for 54 RMB.) Unfortunately, the consulate person was very nice but unhelpful. She said she didn't have the date GZ logged in the P3, or any other info. Her advice was: send email (!!!)

Told her I'd sent email, but that my question had been ignored. She suggested that I send a fax instead, but couldn't say whether that would actually be better than an email.

I did telephone the CIS a couple of weeks ago, with the exact same results - send an email to GZ.

Tomorrow, I'll telephone DOS and see what they have to say.

Meanwhile, I'm sure there can be a dozen reasons why our application is taking months longer than others to process. At this point, I only want verification that the P3 was actually received, that the name check is actually in progress, and that the docs haven't accidentally been sent to Siberia or dumped in some Washington D.C. trash bin

Hangin' in there ... .