Tennesse Mountains

Nicola and I went and LOVED it! We want to take her grandparnets this time but DO NOT go to the Park Vista Hotel! I used to stay there with my family for years but now its OLD as all hell! Our bath tub was dripping all night and the room is outdated but over all the city is a dream. Dixie Stampede was TONS of fun too. I'm sure more people can tell you about it. There is a Microtel on Airport Rd in Gatlinburg that's reasonable and close to everything or you can rent a Chalet if you want to splurge. I'm sure you will have fun its a great town.

I took wifey there a few weeks ago. In my opinion it is little more than a huge vacum-sucking money from your wallet. However, you can get a pass to Dollywood for around $43. Shows etc are included. I rented a first class chalet with two jacuzzis for around 110 per night-nice place.

When we went dollywoold hadn't opened for the year yet. I spent enough money in two day that we could have done disney world the luxury way.

I took wifey there a few weeks ago. In my opinion it is little more than a huge vacum-sucking money from your wallet.  However, you can get a pass to Dollywood for around $43. Shows etc are included.  I rented a first class chalet with two jacuzzis for around 110 per night-nice place.

When we went dollywoold hadn't opened for the year yet. I spent enough money in two day that we could have done disney world the luxury way.

Really?! more than Disney? well, we are just planning for a quiet 2or 3 days and maybe some hiking. Wenjie should be here around the end of Sept... maybe Oct(what ever the great Guz allows)... the leaves should be nice then.(Autumn).. I don't care so much about the leaves, but women seem to get excited about them

Yes it is the Smokey mountains. Just to the north is the Skyline Drive.

There are at least 2 National Parks in the area Smokey MT and Skyline Dr.

It has been years (25) since I was in Smokey Mt park - No dollywood, etc It was only as few years ago that I revisted Skyline Dr - starting in Front Royal VA. It was still very beautiful and non commercial, almost like I remember years ago.