Oregon get together 4?

Carl,

What is your opinion on this one:

PORTLAND EAST - TROUTDALE

1610 NW. FRONTAGE RD

I-84 AT EXIT #17

TROUTDALE, OR, USA, 97060

503-665-2254

$36.00 / night and how about the area ? ( I think is may be one of the two hotels that Jim was referring to in an eariler post ).

Days Inn also sounds like a good possibility.

I shoud have added this is a motel 6.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gene
Carl, what about the two hotels I mentioned??? Days in city center and travel lodge Grisham?? They are part of a package deal. Airline tickets for two without hotel are $840.00. Airline tickets for two and nights in the hotel=$720.00

:o I don't know Trigg I think they are gouging you on the hotel package :huh: I think I would just buy the Plane tickets and pay for the hotel seperate B)

Carl,

What is your opinion on this one:

PORTLAND EAST - TROUTDALE

1610 NW. FRONTAGE RD

I-84 AT EXIT #17

TROUTDALE, OR, USA, 97060

503-665-2254

$36.00 / night and how about the area ? ( I think is may be one of the two hotels that Jim was referring to in an eariler post ).

Days Inn also sounds like a good possibility.

I shoud have added this is a motel 6.

That is the same motel 6 I mentioned before. close to the CRG near some truck stops. A little inconvenient for the MAX but there should be a Tri met bus stop nearby that can take you to the MAX.

Carl, what about the two hotels I mentioned??? Days in city center and travel lodge Grisham?? They are part of a package deal. Airline tickets for two without hotel are $840.00. Airline tickets for two and nights in the hotel=$720.00

Either one would be ok. Gresham is just east of Portland not quite as far out as Troutdale. Close to the CRG. Maybe 15 minutes from my house. George and Yi live in Troutdale. Are you going to rent a car?

After looking into it I think if it were me I would opt for the Days in downtown You can ride the street cars, busses and the max in the downtown area for free. It is not far from waterfront park which is a great place to stroll.

Either one would be ok. Gresham is just east of Portland not quite as far out as Troutdale. Close to the CRG. Maybe 15 minutes from my house. George and Yi live in Troutdale. Are you going to rent a car?

After looking into it I think if it were me I would opt for the Days in downtown You can ride the street cars, busses and the max in the downtown area for free. It is not far from waterfront park which is a great place to stroll.

Thanks for the advice Carl. I am going with the Days Inn. Sounds far easier to deal with for multiple reasons.

Okay, so I will book it this weekend. If we can get a group rate, let me know soon.

Yes that Days Inn Downtown is one of the hotels I recommended as an affordable hotel in downtown Portland. It's a very good choice because it is centrally located (downtown) and within walking distance of nearly every significant sight to be seen downtown. Troutdale and East Gresham are bedroom communities of Portland. Nice and quiet, but some may feel isolated if staying out there.

UPDATE - I just posted our picnic over on the main page.