Oregon get together 4?

Between my pickup and Bings bug we can haul 4. Any hotel near a max station would really convenient. There are two decent hotels near a max station at Lloyd center, Not the best part of town to wander around in at night though. There is a few Marriots downtown which is a good location for sight seeing around the city. Walking distance to Waterfront park, The Chinese gardens, and Pioneer square.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage....arshaCode=PDXOR

Tell us your budgets and what you would like to do while here and we will find you a room

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With only saturday afternoon and sunday morning free I'm just looking at getting to meet my fellow CFLers and enjoying lamb BBQ in the park. Maybe after checking into the hotel I'd like to take MAX across the city for a look. Maybe a nice dinner. Is there a local style place? Perhaps seafood?

There is a place downtown called Jakes that is fairly famous with a local flavor. Kinda spendy though.

http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/8459413

From crawfish and crab to steelhead and sturgeon, this Portland icon does seafood right.

Editorial Rating: Recommended

The Scene

Jake's has been serving Portlanders from this site since 1892. Any given night buzzes with well-dressed locals and seafood-seeking tourists, waited on by a staff of personable and efficient pros. The bar, usually standing room only, is full of lively conversation--and often, the scent of cigars.

The Food

The fresh-daily menu lists dozens of delicacies from the sea prepared dozens of ways. It's all either caught locally or flown in from around the world. Oysters on the half shell are a specialty and always exceedingly fresh. Jake's also makes one of the best Caesars in town as well as a thick, creamy clam chowder. Seared ahi is cooked rare to perfection and served with wasabi and pickled ginger. Razor clams arrive fork-tender, while Kodiak Island lingcod is dressed in a Thai curry sauce that's red-hot and delicious. For dessert, order the dense bittersweet-chocolate truffle cake.

Between my pickup and Bings bug we can haul 4. Any hotel near a max station would really convenient.  There are two decent hotels near a max station at Lloyd center, Not the best part of town to wander around in at night though.  There is a few Marriots downtown which is  a good location for sight seeing around the city.  Walking distance to Waterfront park, The Chinese gardens, and Pioneer square.

Tell us your budgets and what you would like to do while here and  we will find you a room

139.00 per night weekend rates. Me thinks wifey would be upset-she is very cheap-I mean frugal

Jason I figure we will end up either in the mountains, in the ocean or spending the night at the BBQ site. They've still got wilderness up there.

Carl that place sounds like a great meal. But if we do justice to that Saturday night I doubt we could eat much lamb......... OOOOhhhhh I get it.

The fresh-daily menu lists dozens of delicacies from the sea prepared dozens of ways. It's all either caught locally or flown in from around the world. Oysters on the half shell are a specialty and always exceedingly fresh. Jake's also makes one of the best Caesars in town as well as a thick, creamy clam chowder. Seared ahi is cooked rare to perfection and served with wasabi and pickled ginger. Razor clams arrive fork-tender, while Kodiak Island lingcod is dressed in a Thai curry sauce that's red-hot and delicious. For dessert, order the dense bittersweet-chocolate truffle cake.

Ahhh, Carl, we are still argueing over coming-but you are giving me more courage and incentives. Dayum that sounds yummy and likley well worth a mop slappin,

Between my pickup and Bings bug we can haul 4. Any hotel near a max station would really convenient.  There are two decent hotels near a max station at Lloyd center, Not the best part of town to wander around in at night though.  There is a few Marriots downtown which is  a good location for sight seeing around the city.  Walking distance to Waterfront park, The Chinese gardens, and Pioneer square.  

Tell us your budgets and what you would like to do while here and  we will find you a room

139.00 per night weekend rates. Me thinks wifey would be upset-she is very cheap-I mean frugal

In my neighborhood Trigg we call that smart. Did you mean to post that in the Polls and Surveys thread?

Between my pickup and Bings bug we can haul 4. Any hotel near a max station would really convenient.  There are two decent hotels near a max station at Lloyd center, Not the best part of town to wander around in at night though.  There is a few Marriots downtown which is  a good location for sight seeing around the city.  Walking distance to Waterfront park, The Chinese gardens, and Pioneer square.

Tell us your budgets and what you would like to do while here and  we will find you a room

I don't think I will have too much time for sight-seeing. I plan to fly up in the afternoon. Check-in -- maybe meet some Oregon CFLers if they are free for Dinner. Also, looks like Dan will be coming as well. I am sure we could all get-together for Saturday evening.

Anyway, since I am not going to do a lot of sight-seeing a less expensive hotel would be fine. Some place within walking distance from the MAX light train rail. The hotels at the Lloyd center sound okay, but maybe a bit dangerous to actually check-in.

Carl, I would like to take you up on your offer for transportation to the BBQ. I'll PM you once I have everything sorted out.

Jason I figure we will end up either in the mountains, in the ocean or spending the night at the BBQ site. They've still got wilderness up there.

Carl that place sounds like a great meal. But if we do justice to that Saturday night I doubt we could eat much lamb......... OOOOhhhhh I get it.

Count me in for the dinner too :unsure:

Also, I don't mind "roughing it" -- I used to be a boy-scout in my earlier years. :blink:

Ahhh, Carl, we are still argueing over coming-but you are giving me more courage and incentives. Dayum that sounds yummy and likley well worth a mop slappin,

Hmmm dinner at Jakes Saturday night? I may have to pull some weight to take the weekend off so I can go. Please come Trigg It will be an event to remember and wifey will get to meet all these other poor abused Chinese women she can co-miserate with. Perhaps some fresh dungeneous crabs may help tempt her.

OK all you Oregonites. A month ago I could have gotten round trip tickets for wifey and me for $203 each. Now they are $410 each. BBUUUUT, if i do a package deal I can get tickets and a hotel for 4 night for less than the tickets alone. But, the hotel choices look like Travelodge E. Grisham or Days inn downtown city center. Soooo, tell me what these are like and what the area is like and do they allow uhhhh lets call them 'pets'. should I keep searching???

Waiting waiting waiting

I looked into a couple of motels right on the MAX line at SE 82nd and Halsey. The rates are good and they are well located in regards to the airport and the CRG. 15 minute MAX ride to downtown or the airport. Not the most scenic area of Portland by a long shot but not a particularly bad neighborhood either. Close to Kim and I as well. There are also a few Chinese stores to shop at not too far away.

Cabana hotel. 1707 NE 82nd. Phone: 503-252-0224. 43.88 a night. your run of the mill low end motel room.

Days Inn 1530 N.E. 82nd Avenue 503-253-1151. It's a typical Days Inn. $60 dollars a night but we may be able to negotiate a group rate.

I looked into a couple of motels right on the MAX line at SE 82nd and Halsey.  The rates are good and they are well located in regards to the airport and the CRG.  15 minute MAX ride to downtown or the airport.  Not the most scenic area of Portland by a long shot but not a particularly bad neighborhood either.  Close to Kim and I as well. There are also a few Chinese stores to shop at not too far away.

Cabana hotel.  1707 NE 82nd. Phone: 503-252-0224. 43.88 a night.  your run of the mill low end motel room. 

Days Inn 1530 N.E. 82nd Avenue 503-253-1151.  It's a typical Days Inn. $60 dollars a night but we may be able to negotiate a group rate.

Carl,

What is your opinion on this one:

PORTLAND EAST - TROUTDALE

1610 NW. FRONTAGE RD

I-84 AT EXIT #17

TROUTDALE, OR, USA, 97060

503-665-2254

$36.00 / night and how about the area ? ( I think is may be one of the two hotels that Jim was referring to in an eariler post ).

Days Inn also sounds like a good possibility.