passport notorized

So I am still in the process of building my war and peace novel.....

I see lots of posts on passport being notorized.

1)Does this mean I have to physically get my passport notorized or just the copies I make of the pages?

2)why do they want all of the pages copied?

3) Also the stamp for my entrance into china is very faint and the fool who stamped it stamped it on the entries text.....will this matter? The exit date can be seen and read.......

Thanks for the advice.....I am on my way.....

welcome to CFL... you've come to the right place...

You don't state if your building a K1 or K3 novel...

For the initial submission for K1, one has to submit 'evidence of a relationship' and having meet the other person in the last two years... For my submission, I just submitted copies of the passport to establish we had meet in China.

I have read of some giving notorized copies of their passport to their SO for the interview, if they cannot be there. It will establish subsequent visits to her. For those that go to the interview, it is commonplace to give your passport to your SO so she can show it.

Doesn't make sense to copy blank pages.. Front of the passport and back (open it so both show on the copier), page with your picture and visa numbers, all pages with anything China related...

For the initial submission, I wouldn't worry so much about a faint page.. set the contract on the copy as high as needed to make it as legible as possible.

It may be more important to prepare how you continue to show your relationship between the submission and interview (about 8-12 months depending on what state you live in). If you have any emails, chats, you'll provide those. As well as pictures, particularly any with the family as well.

get used to using the search.. it will bring you a wealth of info as well.

I just got a copy of my passport certified today. I had all pages copied, including the blank pages.... I had the blank pages copied because the notary writes:

I herby ____Notary_name___ certify that ___Me____ presented before me an original passport on ___Date___. Attached is a true, accurate, and complete copy of the original with a notary seal.

Then he stamped and sealed each page. He and I only signed the top sheet.

That said, I didn't submit a certified copy of my passport with my K-1 application. Actually, I didn't submit a copy of it at all. I just got the certified copy for the interview she has next month.

Mark

PS: To have the copy certified, the notary has to make the copy. Expensive!

PPS: If you make the copies yourself, you can get something called a "jurat." That is statement you sign in front of the notary saying that you certify the copy that you made.

• 1 month later...

I made copies of the title page and my visa to China. At the top I put the title "TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT AND VISA FOR "MY NAME""

On the last page I inserted the statement "I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF THE PASSPORT AND VISA BELONGING TO "MY NAME." SWORN BEFORE ME ON ________________."

___________________________ NOTARY PUBLIC

It probably was not necessary, but when dealing with bureaucrats, every little bit helps.

I made copies of the title page and my visa to China.  At the top I put the title "TRUE COPY OF PASSPORT AND VISA FOR "MY NAME""

On the last page I inserted the statement "I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A TRUE COPY OF THE PASSPORT AND VISA BELONGING TO "MY NAME."  SWORN BEFORE ME ON ________________."

___________________________  NOTARY PUBLIC

It probably was not necessary, but when dealing with bureaucrats, every little bit helps.

Nice approach... I like it.