K1 Interview 4/28!!! How to pay? how much?

Dear Most Wise and knowledgable CFL Membership,

My fiance went to pay her interview fee today. We thought it was 2,980 RMB, but when she went to the bank, they said they don't accept "Immigration VIsa Fees." They do however collect the non-immigration interview fee, which is a considerably lesser sum (don't rember the exact amount she told me). We are now confused because it is not explicit in P4 either. Seeking help :-) now. Can anybody tell us how (in Shenzhen) and how much to pay?

Thanks, DA64

At least while we wait the government tries to amuse us. The instructions for K-1 visa indicate it is a non-immigrant class visa. That makes it simple doesn't it. When you go to GUZ's (as those of us on a first name basis refer to the Guangzhou American Consulate :rolleyes: ) personal website the information is clearly available under Immigrant Visas :wacko:

You might ask why can't I do my interview at another Consulate only blocks from home which also processes non-immigrant visas. Ah that is the mystery we all sit here and ponder. That is because only GUZ processes immigrant visas. Now could anything be plainer?

So the fee of course is for a non-immigrant visa. Plain as a black hole in space isn't it.

We're off to the GUZ, the wonderful wonderful GUZ....... come along!