Video Taping facilities in GuangZhou?

I searched the archives and found only (1) post answering the question of WHERE could one get a GUZ, Blue Slip Special, NTSC/VHS-type video tape made in GuangZhou when/if it is requested for evidence.

08/2004 "The conversions / taping production can be done on the second floor of the Shamian Hotel according to MoonCarol and Darrell."

Does anyone else have any additioanl information about other locations??

Thanks

I searched the archives and found only (1) post answering the question of WHERE could one get a GUZ, Blue Slip Special, NTSC/VHS-type video tape made in GuangZhou when/if it is requested for evidence.

08/2004 "The conversions / taping production can be done on the second floor of the Shamian Hotel according to MoonCarol and Darrell."

Does anyone else have any additioanl information about other locations??

Thanks

My SO used this visa service to clean up some documents and she was satisfied with them. They were referred by others also.

Let me re-clarify what I DO know from researching this hideous problem....

If your S.O. goes to the interview and gets a Blue Slip requesting a video tape proving you both can communicate, then you MUST provide them with:

An NTSC standard, VHS format, video tape!

(not a DVD, not a VCD, not PAL standard, not SECAM standard, not compact VHS, ...) Anything else will get you another Blue Slip.

If you have not previously made a video tape meeting these requirements AND assuming you go to GZ to be with your S.O. for her interview (anticipating problems) AND she indeed gets a Blue Slip Video request... Then you must find a place that is set up with a camera and the proper VHS video tape recorder and VHS tape to record this monstrosity of a request from GUZ.

In preparation for my brother's S.O.'s upcoming interview this May31st, I am looking for more than the one place mentioned (ShaMian Hotel). I am hoping others who have received this "Video Blue Slip" may have found other places in GZ which can accomplish this task.

I don't mean to be greedy. I just would like further verification that the ShaMain Hotel visa service does indeed do the taping or else get some other alternatives.

Thanks all,

I notice that some give their SOs a VHS tape ahead of time to bring to the interview... In my early days on this board, I thought this overkill.. I no longer think this.

Now besides bringing our personal luggage and love to visit our SO, maybe we should add a video cam to be safe! Just check it has voltage requirement to plug in !

One other idea is to make this video tape with your videoa camera and than have the tape converted to NTSC video tape format. There are many places that do video taping and dubbing houses that can do this for you... it is simply a price issue. Call a wedding photographer and ask where they have their tapes duped if they do video also or ask them if they know of a videoagrapher.

Also you have it correct.. you have to show communication. Carl and his wife Bing, sat at a table with that days english langage newspaper.. showed it to the camera and beganing speaking to each other in english. Bing had her electronic translater and Carl had his laptop.

There hands were in plain sight thru the whole thing and if she didn't understand a word he explained it. They spoke of everyday things, friends they had in common, I think, kitchen re-modeling plans etc etc.

YOU.. DO NOT!!!! have to speak Chinese.. you only need to demonstrate that you can comminicate to each other.

Best of luck.

Mark

YOU.. DO NOT!!!! have to speak Chinese.. you only need to demonstrate that you can comminicate to each other.

This is what I have suspected in my review of interviews. It sounds to me that even if the VO asks for evidence of a tape in Chinese, that providing one of the couple speaking in English will do the job.

I know that some, like Boba, will not be able to pull off an english version with the SO if they are not in China..

But if there is any doubt, maybe a tape should be given to the SO for the interview, particularly if you will not be in China for the interview.