Inputting Chinese Characters

I have had several people ask and my wife was wanting to write to the 001 board, so I decided that it was worth the $100 to get the software we needed. I downloaded NJStar and installed it.

I will say that it works great and I am already convinced that it is worth the money. My wife is rusty on her pinyin but it does give her a way to communicate with the other women.

Now, will one of the gals who is still in China be good enough to give her a call and try to step her through how to get set up on the 001 board? Since it is all in Chinese, I can't read it to be able to help her. She tried entering her first message just now, but apparently did not get registered as a user first. She is a complete novice to computers and the internet, so she needs someone to explain it to her that can read Chinese.

Thanks in advance.

Owen:

Our university set up our computer so as to be able to input Chinese characters. Not only that, they did it for free. :lol:

My wife, however, has had trouble getting registered as a user on 001. No matter what she does it doesn't seem to work. If you surface any info on how to register properly, please pass it on. Li is more computer literate than I am actually, but she has been unable to get through the proper hoops and has been unable to post. :lol:

Actually, I think it would be great if someone who knows how to use NJStar or other Chinese WP programs could post a tutorial. I know that most people use pin-yin, but since I don't know Mandarin, I tend to use other input methods like Jyutping, and often can't find the characters I need.

Thanks,

P.J.

Thanks for that link Enight. Using NJStar is pretty intuitive, we figured that out, but the link might come in handy in the future if we hit a snag.

The problem is with getting registered as a user on the 001 board. Maybe if you post a brief explanation of that on the 001 board she can just read it and figure out what she was doing wrong.

Thanks

snip////

Since it is all in Chinese, I can't read it to be able to help her. ////snip

I thought Santa spoke all languages! How the heck can you figure out street names and stuff when you drop things in chimneys for the good kiddies????

Have you tried Helsinki yet?? LOL. By the time you drive by a street and try to memorize the foot long name, you're lost. I was..

thanks for reminding me Eric... I added a link to my post here. :)

LOL. I think you misunderstood me Enight.... How cute..

"The missing link" is an American expression...A figure of speech

It meant WE needed YOU to be our ambassador to 001 :-)

Like you are instrumental between 001 and CDL so gangs from either know what is going on on either :-)

It was not a physical web link, but what the hell...Go for it girl !

God, I love Chinese :D