got through to DOS today

After several disconnects, I finally was put on hold :D . After 15 minutes, a very nice helpful lady, Jeanette, took my info and put me on hold another 15 minutes while she proceeded to check on our case status. She checked on me every 5 minutes to make sure I was still holding.

There is no real new information (our case is still pending), but I would just like to point out that it seems that more and more of the workers seem to be concerned and will try to help us. She did tell me she was told that all the August interviewees had been sent back to be reviewed again. But like I said, no new info - you all knew that already.

I think it might help when we contact these different employees, if we make our contact as personal as possible. This has been mentioned on this forum before, and I think it could help. If we expect to talk to a real person, then maybe we should try being a real person when we are contacting these employees. Bring our DOS/CA contact person into our world when we are talking to them, present our situation to them, make our situation relevant to their own consciousness, try to show them that we are more than just a case number, make them think: what if they were in our situation. :o

Guest Snowbeast

Interesting that you were put on hold for 15 minutes. Either the person was trying to be helpful, didn't know what she was doing at all, or there were computer problems. In most of my calls the response usually happened as quickly as I could give them the GUZ number. I remember one time (dont' know the name of the officer unfortunately) it did take about a minute.

Interesting that you were put on hold for 15 minutes.  Either the person was trying to be helpful, didn't know what she was doing at all, or there were computer problems.  In most of my calls the response usually happened as quickly as I could give them the GUZ number.  I remember one time (dont' know the name of the officer unfortunately) it did take about a minute.

Yes, in my previous connections with DOS, I always received a fairly quick response after I had finally connected with a person. This time, however, she kept coming back to make sure I was still there. She was very polite, and seemed to be trying to help. :o

I called today , but not through your numbers, I was further up the ladder at Dos so I have a good number and don't wait and have the plus of a return call on the answering machine, NO I DON'T KI-- --- I work construction, I was happy to find out our clearance went through last week and the final papers will be coming soon, I have let everyone know that I could save them time and money, but I won't let the number out on the web

Every time I have called the information line at DOS and managed to get through, I have had the "let me put you on hold" routine. I don't think it has anything to do with service, since at least once I was put on a very lengthy hold as soon as I mentioned "visa" and "Guangzhou". They hadn't even taken a name or case number yet.