Visa Number

Which number is the visa number asked for on the I-485?  Is it the "control number" printed near the top, or the red number printed near the middle?

Thanks!! :blush:

The visa usually has three numbers on it:

1. The "A" number. This is usually hand written alien registration number starting with the letter A# then a 9. It is NOT the visa number.

2. The Control Number. This number in black looks like a date sequence, e.g., 2005034.....It is usually found in the upper right of the visa. This in the control number. It is NOT the visa number.

3. The red number in the lower right of the visa. This IS the visa number.

• 3 months later...

I have a question about the "A#". My wife's (just married last weekend) K-1 visa does not have an A# on it. The only thing I have that resembles an A# for her is on the original petition approval notice from the time shortly after I sent in the I-129F. The number begins A9* *** ***, just like Frank mentioned, and it has 9 places overall. Is that indeed the A#?

I have a question about the "A#".  My wife's (just married last weekend) K-1 visa does not have an A# on it.  The only thing I have that resembles an A# for her is on the original petition approval notice from the time shortly after I sent in the I-129F.  The number begins A9* *** ***, just like Frank mentioned, and it has 9 places overall.  Is that indeed the A#?

138736[/snapback]

That certainly sounds like it. Also check the I-94 (Arrival/Departure Record) that your wife had stamped when she first entered the country. Most of the immigration officers will hand write the A# on the form.

Thanks Frank,

The only piece of the I-94 that we have is the bottom departure record portion. They stamped it, wrote the expiration date on it and stapled it into her passport opposite her visa and kept the rest. They didn't write an A# on it. Actually I've been wondering since we got back to the US whether or not it was right for us only to get the departure record. Is that standard practice as far as you know?

• 4 months later...

Ok, here is a weird one all; i have looked through EVERYTHING, & there is nothing on anything (Passport, Visa, I-94 ) None of them have anything that begins with "A" and then numbers. The Only thing she has on her Visa that has a number that begins with a letter is that Long ass on at the Very Bottom of her visa that contains a wide mixture of Letters & Numbers.

So Now What do we do?

Thanks

Ok, here is a weird one all; i have looked through EVERYTHING, & there is nothing on anything (Passport, Visa, I-94 ) None of them have anything that begins with "A" and then numbers. The Only thing she has on her Visa that has a number that begins with a letter is that Long ass on at the Very Bottom of her visa that contains a wide mixture of Letters & Numbers.

So Now What do we do?

Thanks

172758[/snapback]

The "A" number can be found on your NOA2.

So Now What do we do?

Thanks

172758[/snapback]

The "A" number can be found on your NOA2.

172760[/snapback]

Pete's correct.

The "A"# can be found on the NOA2 and it begins with an "A".

example: A 099 269 812 or A 099269812