And so, if my hypothetical situation were actually true....hehehe....that is, we got her mother's birthday wrong on the DS-220, what would the FBI make of that?

It turns out her mother's year of birth is different on her ID card and her hukou. We based our info on her ID card and just found out about the discrepancy.

This kind of @%*& is really starting piss me off. I'm almost ready to throw up my hands and resign myself to living in China for the rest of my days. But that would kill me, because continuing to experience this kind of efficiency on a regular basis would make my head explode.

From what I was told by DOS once, they also do name checks monthly until the P4 is issued (and maybe until the actual visa is issued). This would make sense, as she/he may not be good after the initial check. :angry:

In response to the original question, I doubt it will make a difference. If it was your SO's birthday, it probably would, but her mother ...? When she actually gets called for the interview, you'll have to detail all this information again. You mway want to correct it then - with a note explaining the reason for the discrepancy.

The FBI checks you out before the P2. The GZ name check is to see if she has been a good girl. B)

It would make sense for DHS to perform a check on the petitioner before they approve but I am not sure they do one. Some applications have been processed in as little as ten days through Vermont. Does not seem like enough time to do much of a name check. what is the name check the NVC does? I understood it was a name check on the applicant. Is this not why it goes to NVC before GUZ?? Seems like this just slows the process a little.

The FBI checks you out before the P2. The GZ name check is to see if she has been a good girl. B)

It would make sense for DHS to perform a check on the petitioner before they approve but I am not sure they do one. Some applications have been processed in as little as ten days through Vermont. Does not seem like enough time to do much of a name check. what is the name check the NVC does? I understood it was a name check on the applicant. Is this not why it goes to NVC before GUZ?? Seems like this just slows the process a little.

The name check done by the NVC is on the applicant. This is not done by the regional service center. They may do one on the petitioner as well. It would make sense.